Jinma 254 Transmission question

/ Jinma 254 Transmission question #11  
Yeah,creeper low/low you can keep up with it belly crawling.

/ Jinma 254 Transmission question #12  
I believe that the speeds with creeper in Lo and HI/LO shift in Lo are:
.20mph forward in 1st gear and .16mph reverse
RonJ

/ Jinma 254 Transmission question #13  
How fast are these things in creeper, anyhow - never seen one and I'm curious. Could he be confusing creeper/slow with almost no motion?

I have never measured it but heard its something like 57' per hour. I use my creeper gears all the time pulling stumps but you use regular gears to get the chain tight then drop it down and pull

Chris

/ Jinma 254 Transmission question #14  
When you say the tractor moves a few feet then stops, is that with it in gear and the clutch engaged (pedal fully out)?
If so, I think Chip and Steve are on the right track. Not that I would recommend it, but the tractor should move (while in gear) even if you had nothing in the trans. It's gear driven. I think if it stops while still in gear it's a clutch or linkage related problem.
Rob-

/ Jinma 254 Transmission question
I only saw one, on the bottom of the trans pan. Where are the other 3 located?
Thanks

/ Jinma 254 Transmission question #16  
Why don't you tell us more about this slow moving problem or moving and than stopping moving,or whatever it is,thats what every bodys interested in now.O r did you take it out of creeper and it now works fine?

/ Jinma 254 Transmission question #17  
Here is the 'cheat sheet' that I use when servicing mine.
RonJ

/ Jinma 254 Transmission question
It's not in creeper mode. I don't think it is clutch related, as it goes into gears forward and reverse no problems. I would describe it like it slips. It may lurch foward a couple of feet, and then stop. It has a difficult time moving on an incline. This started about two weeks ago, so I looked at the fluid an it appeared dirty, so I changed it. I drained off only about 1 gallon of trans oil through the bottom plug. Is there a hidden screen or filter that I am missing?. The clutch depresses fine, and returns all the way back to the normal position. The PTO works fine, so I would assume that the issue is not with the return on the clutch, but maybe I am missing on this one?

/ Jinma 254 Transmission question #19  
Sounds clutch related to me,3rrl is reading this,he's your man!

/ Jinma 254 Transmission question #20  
If it's the clutch, Ron at www.ranchhandsupply.com has good info.

That is a two stage clutch, as you're probably aware. It seems clutch related to me as well.

Does it make a difference 2WD/4WD? It seems improbable to me, but either way you've started to isolate the problem.

Good luck.