Chipper Jinma (Farm Pro) chipper mods

/ Jinma (Farm Pro) chipper mods
[
Ductape said:
Had you mounted them further back, and added one to the front, you could have rolled it around your garage to store it when not in use.

Ductape,

Ha! Actually, I thought of that IMMEDIATELY AFTER installing them where they are now. After considering relocating them though, I decided that it wouldn't be worth it to re-install them in my case as I have a definite storage space for the chipper and don't have to move it once it's set down. Another problem with having 3 wheels is having to set it down on a more level surface when using the chipper. Otherwise, there could be a lot of re-adjusting needed for the 3rd wheel. If the 3rd wheel was raised in order to have only two wheels make contact with the ground then the two remaining wheels would be too far back for balance and would tend to bury themselves or tend to tip the chipper when the lift arms are floating. It works extremely well the way it is now. So, for now, it'll stay that way.

Thanks for the input.

Terry

Ductape said:
I have been trying to keep up with peoples mods to the Jinma chippers, and have yet to see anyone modify the chute to rotate. Seems to me it would be a good mod, so one wouldn't have to move the whole tractor as the pile of chips grows. Anyone done it??

Ductape,

I've considered doing this but since I move the chipper to the next pile of trees before my chip pile gets too high I haven't found it a necessity yet. However, I can envision myself being in a situation where I might need to shoot the chips in another direction and a rotating shute would definitely be a plus. I may put this on my "to do" list.

Terry

weldingisfun said:
Terryo, good idea! Thanks for sharing.

weldingisfun,

My pleasure. It's always interesting to see if one's idea is good or not. In my mind, my ideas are always good. However, the only way to find out for sure is to get others' opinions.

I'm already working on a mod for this setup. I'm considering attaching an axle (easily removable) between the jacks so I can add wider wheels (or maybe add pneumatic tires) to it so I can pull it (without lifting it) even during wet conditions. That hasn't been a problem with the present wheels because the ground has been so hard (we've been in a drought situation here for months). I'll probably wait until we have some heavy rains to test the current setup and see if more mods are really necessary. I don't want to lose too much of my adjustment capability.

Thanks for your comment.

Terry