John Deere 110 Compact TLB

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / John Deere 110 Compact TLB #171  
Re: John Deere 110 skid plate info..

Way to go,Joe with hoe!!Sounds like someone won't be getting much sleep this weekend,maybe you should take a tent over to the dealer and camp next to it for the weekend!!

Bushy,I know Thomas makes stuff but I've never really taken a close look at it,so I really can't help you there,all I can say is take a good look at it ,if its priced right and looks HD,then go for it,pallet forks are pretty simple and are handy to have,I have a set and use them all the time for moving brush,logs,pallets,rocks,and just about anything that doesn't fit in the bucket,I would pick em' up if the money is right,happy shopping!!

/ John Deere 110 Compact TLB #172  

Tags
At the auction Sunday the pallet forks when for 425.00. The auctioneer pushed the price by just looking at people as if they were bidding and moved the price along when in fact no one bid. Though the other done know that. So they get the price they want. I done care for that action. I'll keep looking for a set in the paper. Bushy

/ John Deere 110 Compact TLB #173  

The 110 is finally home in my yard. Haven't had a change to try it but I hope to tomorrow. I can't do much in my yard as my wife won't let me dig up the lawn. Our yard is full of lupine this time of year. I'll load it onto the trailer and haul it to where I can operate it. The dealer was generous, when I went in to pay them this morning. They gave me the belly pan and out rigger guards ( not in yet)for being a patient customer. I guess in their eyes I must of been. They also installed a block heater for cold starting mornings. I think I did very well on this tractor, price wise . As I arrived at the dealers this morning there were two more 110's sitting in the yard. I ask if they reproduced on there own. They had just arrived earlier in the morning. I'll let you know how the beast operates.

/ John Deere 110 Compact TLB #174  

Bushy & Joe
$425 doesn't sound so bad for forks,but if it didn't feel right,you probably made the right decision,also I'm just curious,how high have you gotten your hydraulic temp gauge,I'm just curious.As for you Joe,congrats,finally,hope you took the little monster out and ran her today.I have some things for you guys to check for on your machine that I have found on mine......The dealer picked my machine up yesterday to fix the drifting loader problem,I also mentioned to him that the hoe has a bit of "sway" when in the stored position,if you grab the hoe in the transport position,check and see if it rocks side to side,about an inch or two,if it does you will notice the play is in the end caps of the swing cylenders,the dealer called today and said that this is not normal and it was good that I had caught it,this is the first Deere has heard of this problem and are working on a fix,eventually, this will oblong the seals and they will leak,so check this out soon.Also check the routing of some of the steel hydraulic lines to make sure they are not rubbing on other things,like the tranny,frame,or other lines,some of mine were,I mentioned it to the dealer and he said they would fix any lines that were rubbing,if they don't,I'll do it myself,but steel lines rubbing over time will cause leaks/w3tcompact/icons/sad.gifOh,just so you guys know, they replaced the check valve on the loader and that wasn't the problem,so tomorrow they are repacking the cylenders per JD's instructions,I hope that does the trick.Talk to you guys later,happy diggin'!

/ John Deere 110 Compact TLB #175  

Tags
My hydralic temp seems to be in the mid ranage if not low on the scale. I'll be more mindful to note under what condition and it's corresponding temp reading.

I just notice that sway in the hoe today. I was on some uneven ground and could feel it. After reading your note I went and pushed on it. You are right there is play at the swing cylinder ends. I can see how that would wear. I'll bring that to the dealers attention. Good looking out. Bushy

/ John Deere 110 Compact TLB #176  

Tags
I brought the swing in the hoe, the steel line rube and the loader drift to the attention of the dealer so it is documented. Would you please keep me posted in regards to how the dealer solves these problems? Any contact people at Deere would be helpful as I would pass this information along to my dealer. Bushy

/ John Deere 110 Compact TLB #177  

Bushy,
I spoke with the my salesman yesterday,he said they were checking the packing in the loader lift pistons,the right side was fine but when they opened up the left side the seals were torn because there was RUST,yes rust, on the inside of the barrel where the seals ride and they had ordered a completely new cylender ,when he told me this I lost my mind,the thing is brandy new and has torn seals cause of rust inside a cylender,somebody really dislikes me at Deere.So first thing this morning I went to the dealer,walked in the shop and there was my cylender,rust and all,well me just showing up there really surprised the shop foreman,he asked if he could help me and I said ,yes,start by explaining why a new machine has a rusty cylender,he really didn't have a good answer but said that they did notify Deere about it,my next question was about contamination in the hydraulic system,and how many particles of rust are floating around in there now,he said they sent the oil out for analization,and they were changing it anyway along with the filter.I requested a copy of the oil test and also a copy of the correspondence to Deere about this F-up,just to cover myself in the future ifanything does go wrong,he kindly obliged and appologized about the whole mess.They brought the machine back to me late today,and obviously no more drifting loader,they also fixed the rubbing lines and are waiting for an answer on the hoe,I bucketed about 20 yds of soil around with it and it seems just fine,so back to work we go and hopefully no more problems.

/ John Deere 110 Compact TLB #178  

Tags
I can hear the machanic how,,, what he is really saying is; your in my space, you don't belong here, move along.

I swang the hoe a full 180 degrees to charge up the cylinders, than attempted to rock the boom couldn't do it, tightens it right up. Let it sit under idle condition and a short ride,shut it off, let it set for five minute, turned it off, went back rocked it and the sway was back. It looks like the ends of the cylinder are bulging. It seem that the ends of the cylinder caps moved out an 8th inch. Bushy

/ John Deere 110 Compact TLB #179  

Tags
If you haven't already take the paint of your PTO out put shaft before attempting to attach a PTO shaft to it. I wish I listen to myself earlier today. I know better.

I took the hoe off today. The upper pins were corrodded, it took some time to get them to move. It looks as if when they put the hoe on they burned the paint off with a torch. The tubing for the ROPs is back there and the paint was all blistered there. When putting the three point hitch on I noticed some rust down there as well. How is there so much rust on new equiptment. It almost looks like the machine was around salt.

I did some brush hoggen today. Once I got use to it, I did very well with it. I'm use to being closer to the cutter though this[110] you're up high looking over the hog. I set the draft control and it stayed put. Missed every rock I know of and don't. I continued to cut well after dark. That was nice.

The hydralic oil temp was in the green about a quarter inch from the yellow. For the first time I felt the heat coming up from below.

Noticed that there are cracks in the rubber mat right under the fuse access door. Right in the corners where it go over the transmission hump. Whats with that? Bushy

/ John Deere 110 Compact TLB #180  

Bushy: Sounds like you've been working your machine Bushy. I haven't had the chance yet. Other stuff going on. I did get my trailer and truck rigged up properly to tow the beast. I took it on a test run yesterday. Everything went fine. I went out in April and bought a Hudson 18' trailer with beaver tail. I use to drive my IH on the road. I need to start using this thing to discover what works or doesn't. I'm thankful you and Tags are putting yours to the test. Just one thing I noticed on mine. The right rear tire has a v shaped cut on the sidewall above the Galaxy name. There's no visible scuffing on the tire to indicate I hit something. I can't imagine how I could of done that since I've only driven in on my lawn and out back of the house to try out the hoe. It came in with 3.3 hours on it and it now has 5 hours . I have to talk to the salesman about this before I take it out for some serious work.

Status
Not open for further replies.