John Deere 110 Compact TLB

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / John Deere 110 Compact TLB #11  
Why the need to switch the the hydraulics from the front to the rear ? Why not give it enough hydrulic power to handle both. It would be very inconvenient to switch back and forth when digging to have to change to the front hyd. position to raise the loader to move the machine then change back to resume digging .

/ John Deere 110 Compact TLB
Until we know exactly how the system works, and what the reasoning behind it is, we won't know if it's going to be an advantage or disadvantage... if that's the case.

/ John Deere 110 Compact TLB #13  
I'm not so interested in how this compares to a Yugo machine, but whether I should heave my (virtual) L35 and L48 in the scrap heap.

/ John Deere 110 Compact TLB #14  
Lost me on the horsepower comment. The 110 is spec'd at 43 hp with a 33 hp independent PTO. If the EF with 25 hp is capable of 50# less max lift, I'd hardly call the JD underpowered. Maybe a soft relief setting, light rear end or a high lift over height but not underpowered. The EF has got to be a dream on soft ground when loading and carrying a full front bucket on the big front tires!

/ John Deere 110 Compact TLB #15  
Botaman - I'd be surprised if JD meant that. I suspect they mean that there's an auxiliary hydraulic circuit, such as would be used to power an auger, power rake, etc. that can be used on either the front or the rear, but not both at the same time. That wouldn't be as big a liability.

/ John Deere 110 Compact TLB #16  
SteveV - That'll teach me not to be more specific. When I said "underpowered", I meant from a hydraulics standpoint, not horsepower. In other words, they're doing about the same amount of work (from a hydraulics standpoint, based on the loader specs) with 43hp as Earthforce does with 25hp. That's all I meant. Now, maybe they're producing more flow with that hp, I just don't know. They do have a mechanical PTO to use it, but you're not going to be exercising the hydraulics to any great extent while you're using the mechanical PTO, so that doesn't explain the lower specs, either. I guess they had a reason.

/ John Deere 110 Compact TLB #17  
I'd rather pay the fuel bill on the EF-1 but loading and dozing would be quicker with the more hp. Does the EF let you select front, rear or both steer? I wouldn't expect that the JD would. SteveV

/ John Deere 110 Compact TLB #18  
SteveV - <font color=blue>loading and dozing would be quicker with the more hp</font color=blue>

That's probably true, but there are other factors, too, like total weight, tires, type of transmission, etc.

Some of the EF machines are 2-wheel-steer. The 4-wheel-steer models, by default, are 4-wheel-steer only. If you order the crab-steer option, you get 3 modes: 4-wheel-steer (front and rear wheels turn in opposite directions), 2-wheel-steer (front wheels only), and crab-steer (all wheels turn the same direction.

/ John Deere 110 Compact TLB #19  
Just wondering if you had any luck getting any info?? I called JD and seemed to just annoy the guy on the other end of phone. I'm most interested in lift height and bucket cap. of loader' size of hoe and size ....comparable to L35 or L48??

/ John Deere 110 Compact TLB
I'm planning to e-mail or call my contact at John Deere with a few questions, but I haven't had the chance the past few days... I'll post if/when I get info. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.