Loader John Deere 300x

/ John Deere 300x #21  
On my tractor, the mast arms you refer to did what you describe after a few hours of heavy use when new. Once I tightened up the adjusting bolts, they have been fine for nearly 2 years.

Referring to the picture in post 15: using the loader to lift front tires as described earlier, loosen the set screw (square head bolt with jamb nut) and turn the adjusting bolts out, (if you do not remove your loader, or don't care to reverse this process if you do, make them tight, not loose as described earlier) then tighten the set screw, and then the jamb nut.

/ John Deere 300x
dieselcrawler, You and Roy were right, The cap bolts on the frame were run all the way in. I think it's probably the way it came from the factory. I adjusted them as you mentioned And the loader works perfectly. I sold my 4020 with 148 loader and my Harley to get this tractor, And i'm not used to modern tractors and loaders. When the masts moved back and forth as they did, I knew something was wrong. Thanks again to all who replied and gave there insight. 491ton

/ John Deere 300x #23  
dieselcrawler, You and Roy were right, The cap bolts on the frame were run all the way in. I think it's probably the way it came from the factory. I adjusted them as you mentioned And the loader works perfectly. I sold my 4020 with 148 loader and my Harley to get this tractor, And i'm not used to modern tractors and loaders. When the masts moved back and forth as they did, I knew something was wrong. Thanks again to all who replied and gave there insight. 491ton

Don't forget Oldtink!
His post and picture (worth a thousand words) got you where you need to be.

We're happy it worked out for you!

/ John Deere 300x
I also want to thank oldtink, For the picture he posted showing the cap bolt.Great Forum!!

Last edited:
   / John Deere 300x #25  
I'll just add this, make sure your using the proper rear ballast while using the loader, it will help with the performance and make things quite a bit safer as well.

Great job to all that helped!

/ John Deere 300x #26  

Don't forget Oldtink!
His post and picture (worth a thousand words) got you where you need to be.

We're happy it worked out for you!

Thanks RoyJ for the honorable mention and 491ton, you're most welcome. I'm tickled you stuck with it and figured it out.