Loader John Deere 300x

/ John Deere 300x #11  
A video would be helpful. I have used a 200X John deer loader and I wasn't impressed. It didn't seem to work right. It didn't seem to hold down pressure when trying to backdrag. It acted like it was in float. Also the tractor it was on only produced 2.5 GPM and it was painfully slow.

/ John Deere 300x #12  
I mean when digging, The upright mounting frame has to spring back to the stop before it starts digging and you can apply power.
Digging with what?

I don't know what a JD 300x is, so I did an image search. Is this what you have?

78998dd.jpg

/ John Deere 300x
I am talking about the loader masts,Are they supposed to rock backwards and forwards as you are using the loader for digging or pushing.

/ John Deere 300x
Yes, the masts, That has the 300x decal on them rock back and forth when using, I guess there supposed to.

/ John Deere 300x #15  
MAYBE the parking latch cap screw needs adjusted. Located at the top of each mast is an assembly that limits the mast movement. It does need adjustment from time to time.
Raise the front wheels off the ground with the loader bucket or lift arms and look at the gap between the head of the cap screw and the pad on the mast. You want the cap screw to JUST touch the mast pad but still allows it to freely rotate Check both masts.
100_4681.JPG

/ John Deere 300x #16  
I am talking about the loader masts,Are they supposed to rock backwards and forwards as you are using the loader for digging or pushing.

Yes, the masts, That has the 300x decal on them rock back and forth when using, I guess there supposed to.

I've had 4 Deere tractors since 1999. All had loaders and all the masts moved to a degree. I believe the 300x loader has bolts at the top of the masts that you can tighten against the masts to tighten them up. I know the 400x loader does (that's what is on my 4520). Mine takes a 15/16th's wrench...I expect yours may too.

Oldtink's picture shows the bolts I'm referring to...

/ John Deere 300x
I'll check them, But my loader with bucket won't lift the front wheels. By the time the masts rock back I think i'm at the end of the cylinder travel

/ John Deere 300x #18  
I'll check them, But my loader with bucket won't lift the front wheels. By the time the masts rock back I think i'm at the end of the cylinder travel

Are you using the bucket dump to lift the front end? Put the loader bucket flat on the ground, then use the dump function. That should easily lift your 3520's front end.
If it doesn't and your masts are moving that much, I don't think your loader was installed properly. Could be a number of things...mounting brackets not installed properly, or the bolts hold the brackets to the tractor are loose...that would be the first thing I'd look at. It would be easier to check this if you can remove your loader.
There could be other issues...have you had this tractor since new? Do you have the manuals that go with the tractor and loader? If you don't have the loader manual, here's a link to the online manual: OMW54458

BTW, also ensure the locks are tight...these are described in the manual I linked to and are shown in the picture Oldtink posted.

/ John Deere 300x
Roy, I'll try lifting with the bucket flat. And see if that will lift the tractor. Thanks for all the help

/ John Deere 300x #20  
Roy, I'll try lifting with the bucket flat. And see if that will lift the tractor. Thanks for all the help

Once the bucket is on the ground, use the bucket dump.
But, before you do this, do check those mounts and all other hardware. If your masts are moving as much as you describe, the loader attachment bolts may be loose. It could even come off the tractor.