John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order
With the tractor OFF, Try rotating the mid PTO by hand and have someone move the lever untill it falls into place. I had the same problem when I first got my 3520, and this seemed to resolve it. The internal gears may be out of sync.

That did it!!!! Thanks for the information. I also corrected the problem with the Rockshaft Lever Control by loosening the nut some at the Rockshaft housing. I purchased my radio yesterday so now it's time to get it installed.

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #62  
I beg to disagree. This has been discussed many times and there are many different opinions, but I much prefer the PR transmission: great for loader work, more HP to the wheels and PTOs ... Hydro transmissions seem better suited for lawn-mowers needing to go very near obstacles.

I agree. Coming from a 2 spd hydro to a Powershuttle, I will NEVER buy another hydro tractor ever again.

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #63  
That did it!!!! Thanks for the information. I also corrected the problem with the Rockshaft Lever Control by loosening the nut some at the Rockshaft housing. I purchased my radio yesterday so now it's time to get it installed.

Congrats on the new tractor. Is sure is perdy :)

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #64  
Thanks Nuru. It will be a while before I make a decision on wheel extensions. My neighbor is a retired Master Machinist and now works out of a shop at his house. I will probably ask him to build them. I'm thinking 2-3 more inches per side. I have checked out the other threads and they were very helpful.

My first project is installation of the radio. Then I intend on installing a hydraulic top link.

no problem coglesby. I think you probably want to go 6" on both sides for the appropriate increased stability.

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #65  
does anyone know the height of a 3720 0r 3520 cab tractor with industrial r4 tires?? will they go in a 9' door??

thanks!

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #66  
does anyone know the height of a 3720 0r 3520 cab tractor with industrial r4 tires?? will they go in a 9' door??

thanks!

Height of 3x20 series with R1 tires and cab is 89.4". Take off 1-2" with R4 tires.

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #68  
not to sound cocky or rude but there is a reason front end loaders dont have clutches . grear drive is better for groud ingagement type work but other than that its a toss up with the hydro having a clear advantage in loader work . as far as the brakes being on the left thats how they are on all back hoes . i love the turnbrakes being on the left it just makes since .

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #69  

thanks!

They will fit in an 8' door no problem with R4's;)

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #70  
Yep, i have Turf Specials on and my unit is 66" - 68" wide with them on and it goes through my shed door with width. but I need 91" of height for clearance for the top.