John Deere 4310 stalling

/ John Deere 4310 stalling
Jerry, thank you for responding. I can tell you the first time I used it I was using the bush hog, so I tried it again without using any implements and still the same problem.

/ John Deere 4310 stalling #12  
Just to the left of your steering column is the LoadMatch switch. With it on, it should be almost impossible to stall the engine, as the computer will adjust the hydrostatic automatically to keep from lugging. If it stalls with LoadMatch engaged, you really do need to get it adjusted...

here is a Link to the 4310 Owners Manual. If you don't have one, you could prit that out, or refer to it online.

/ John Deere 4310 stalling #13  
What RPM are you trying to use the tractor at when it stalls?

Remember, the pedal is NOT the gas pedal, just because you push it down doesn't mean you are going to go faster. It needs a corresponding amount of RPM. It will tend to "bog" in gear "C" unless the throttle is about 2200 RPM or more. Only use C for going fast, not for any working conditions.

I think the fellow above hit the nail on the head, your tank might be vacuum locked. I doubt very much you have any tranny problems.

-K

/ John Deere 4310 stalling #14  
I think the seat switch is good place to start. Are you certain the switch is being depressed?
If there were problems with the hydro, you may see the service light blinking on the right fender.. It blinks in a pattern that indicates certain problems depending on what is wrong with the transmission. Also, is there any chance that some wires under the tractor near the hydro pedals were pulled on while you were bushhogging? If these connections become loose or come apart, the tractor may not move at all. (not sure if it would stall though)
I think you can test the seat switch by sitting in the seat, and pulling up on the PTO switch and see if it comes on. (you don't need an implement on to try this). If the PTO comes on, stand up and see if it kicks it off.

Have you been able to start the tractor at first and drive it cold consistently? Then, once it warms up it acts up? Or is this more of a problem all the time now?

One more place to look, is there any chance the brake is stuck on? Some of these linkages stuck in the on position, and need a good swift kick in the pedal to get them unstuck.

Let us know what you find out.
good luck

/ John Deere 4310 stalling #15  
Oh, 1 more thing,
Are you sure your Hydrostatic Fluid level is up where it needs to be?
you check that at the rear of the tractor next to the PTO,, ther is a sight glass.. on level ground with 3ph down see if you see the hydro fluid in the glass.. it should be full so you can see the fluid level in the glass. I'm sure with your hours the fluid won't be quite as clear as when new... it's almost reddish from the factory if it hasn't been changed at the recommended service.

/ John Deere 4310 stalling #16  
My 4300 was doing the same thing when I when over a bump. My weight would come up off of the seat and the safety circuit would kill the engine just as if I had fallen off of a moving tractor. If your foot is on the go pedal-the tractor must have the seat switch depressed or it will cut the engine. Sounds like your problem is in the seat switch circuit. Pat

/ John Deere 4310 stalling #17  
My 4300 kept stalling on my wife when she drove it. Realized she had not moved the seat forward and when she pressed the Go pedal she had to get off the seat a bit. Moved the seat: Problem solved.

/ John Deere 4310 stalling
Thanks for all the suggestions for a fix to my problem. I took it to the John Deere place and the problem turned out to be a defective fuel injector pump. Just thought I would let everyone know that this is not an uncommon problem with the 4310 and 4410 per the mechanic at the dealership.

/ John Deere 4310 stalling #19  
Thanks for the feedback. Glad you have the problem solved.

/ John Deere 4310 stalling #20  
<font color="green"> ...turned out to be a defective fuel injector pump... ...this is not an uncommon problem with the 4310 and 4410 per the mechanic at the dealership </font>

Wow! Uncommon?!! I have never heard a single complaint about an injector pump...(not that I know anything...) But then, that's why there are warranties...

Glad its fixed!!!

I just tre-read your first post, and it does seem like an injector pump...