John Deere 4600 pto not engaging

/ John Deere 4600 pto not engaging #11  
It appears that there are two tubes between the PTO valve and PTO clutch. Were you able to remove the tubes when you removed the PTO valve?

Could the mechanic that rebuilt the PTO valve determine what the dirt was in the valve?

Have you changed the hydraulic fluid recently? Did you find any clutch material, metal, etc. in the suction screen?

/ John Deere 4600 pto not engaging
There were two short tubes probably 3" long that I was able to remove and they were clean. The hydraulic oil was replaced last year. there was a fair amount of a gray greasy matter in the oil that we never determined what it was but now it looks clean. The mechanic did not elaborate on what was in the PTO valve but did say that one of the internal valves was seized and needed to be replaced.

/ John Deere 4600 pto not engaging
Hydraulic Oil Pressure Specification ±10%
PTO Clutch (Port "A") . . . . . . . . . 1490 kPa (216 psi)
PTO Lubrication (Port "B") . . . . . . . .39 kPa (5.7 psi) 11-26. If pump will not meet specification,
I read Further and found that the PTO clutch port A is supposed to have 216 psi... there was closer to 0 psi. I guess that brings the problem back to the PTO control valve or the PTO solenoid valve.

/ John Deere 4600 pto not engaging #14  
David R18, I have exactly the same problem you have described on my 2005 4520. Were you able to determine what the problem is?

Doug

/ John Deere 4600 pto not engaging #15  
Doug, David is not a regular poster. You may want to send him a private message. Good-luck!

Henri

/ John Deere 4600 pto not engaging #17  
David, thank you for your response. When we took the pto valve apart the first time a small rock came out. I ordered new springs and as we were cleaning out a second time, another rock came dislodged, after re-assembling, it works. Thanks again for responding. Doug

/ John Deere 4600 pto not engaging #18  
Clinton, I'm a coffee farmer in Hawaii, we prune the trees and place the cuttings into the aisle and then use a Rears flail to chew them up. After 2 days of flailing is when it stopped. After dismantling the valve twice, 2 small rocks came out. It's back to working again.

/ John Deere 4600 pto not engaging #19  
David R18 Did you ever figure out what your problem was? I have a 4500 and mine is doing the same thing.. I have pulled the PTO valve off and I can shake it and sounds like something is in it but I can not get whatever is in it out. any help would be appreciated I'm new to this sight

/ John Deere 4600 pto not engaging #20  
Joe12
:welcome: to TBN

David R18 has been in-active since 2012, so I'd suggest you try to give him a "wake up" note via clicking on his forum name and sending a PM.
In the meantime, other TBN members may be chiming in to help with your problem..

What is the part no. of that PTO valve?