John Deere Auto Connect 72" MMM

/ John Deere Auto Connect 72" MMM #11  
Two minutes isn't bad, still looks like about the same amount of steps as most mowers. How low is the PTO on the tractor?

/ John Deere Auto Connect 72" MMM
PTO up and down pics. I think they did a good job of getting up out of the way considering the amount of space under the tractor. You could easily remove the lift mechanism. It's just 2 bolts and 2 pins.

Attachments

• DSCN3419pto-height.jpg
    DSCN3419pto-height.jpg
    897.8 KB · Views: 622
  • DSCN3420pto-height-2.jpg
    DSCN3420pto-height-2.jpg
    781.1 KB · Views: 667
   / John Deere Auto Connect 72" MMM #13  
I am very impressed, very impressed. Now if i could fine one used and trade in my 2006 7 iron, etc! LOL!:D

/ John Deere Auto Connect 72" MMM #14  
I am about to need a large mower to replace my tiny GT325. I really don't want a zero-turn mower. I think they're just kinda nerdy looking :D

I dreaded a 72" or 84" MMM because they look really difficult to remove for cleaning.

Once the drive over type MMM's came out, I thought there was hope for me. I just wish there was a quick way to clean them & change the blades.

/ John Deere Auto Connect 72" MMM #15  
I am about to need a large mower to replace my tiny GT325. I really don't want a zero-turn mower. I think they're just kinda nerdy looking :D

Might be the looks don't appeal to you, but once you've tried one, I think the performance will overcome the "looks"!

Try it - you might like it - I know I could never go back to a belly mower for finish mowing.

/ John Deere Auto Connect 72" MMM #16  
Might be the looks don't appeal to you, but once you've tried one, I think the performance will overcome the "looks"!

Try it - you might like it - I know I could never go back to a belly mower for finish mowing.

I know you're right.
I only have to go back to the summer I spent mowing with a diesel Excel Hustler FMM to understand exactly what you mean. That thing could cut grass faster than anything I've ever seen.

/ John Deere Auto Connect 72" MMM #17  
I just ordered my new 3520 two days ago with the older style 72" 7-Iron, and after reading your post I went back today and changed the order to the Auto-connect. As it turns out they are discontinueing the old deck anyway.

I was wondering if you still think its a good setup since its been about a year since the last post. Any thing to look out for as things "wear in" My only concern was the coupler where the driveshaft mates only has a few splines. How's yours holding up??

I guess i'm hoping to hear I made the right call on the upgrade...

Thanks

/ John Deere Auto Connect 72" MMM #18  
You made the right call on the upgrade! Now that you have heard it, let's hope that it is true. :D Seriously, it sure looks like a slick set up.

/ John Deere Auto Connect 72" MMM #19  
Picked up my 3520 tractor on Friday and after some initial tweaking adjustments on the MMM lift system, I must say that the 72" auto connect deck is awesome!!! I finally got the leaves mulched. Driving on and off of this deck is a breeze, and with the easy on/off of the 300cx, this tractor is quickly converted from mower to loader. I can not believe how powerful and maneuverable it is for its size. A HUGE improvement over the old IH 184 i was mowing with.

/ John Deere Auto Connect 72" MMM #20  
Cowboy - Congratulations on your new 3520!

I知 also considering the same setup (3520 open station w/72D). My biggest concern on the 3520 is the narrow wheel track and total weight for side hill mowing stability. Currently my Deere 870 with loaded tires set to the wide wheel position at 64 outside wheel track has proven to be adequate on my terrain.

Perhaps you can help with some questions.

1) Which tires did you select and do you have any side hill performance comments to share?

2) I see from jsboening pictures his front turf wheels are set to the narrow position. Can the 72" auto connect deck accommodate the front 2 position wheels set to the wide position?

3) Does the 72D manual have any rear wheel/tire restrictions? I can稚 tell from jsboening pictures if his rear wheels are set wide or narrow. Does your 3520 manual give track width for both wheel position settings?

4) I知 also from PA. Which dealer did you use? Can you please share your configuration and pricing???hanks