John Deere AW 15' wheel disc

/ John Deere AW 15' wheel disc #1  

foggy1111

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L 3560 HSTC, 805 Loader
My daughter and son-in-law recently bought a piece of ground to build a new home on. Included in the deal was this John Deere AW tandem wheel disc. It's 15' wide and has scrapers on each of the smooth blades. It looks pretty good and straight, but it's been standing in the field for about a year or more. In looking it over tonight it appears the cylinder rod broke off and the former owner just left it sitting in the field. They asked me to find out what the value of this disc is. Are these disc's still being used?....and if so....what is this disc worth? Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• DSCN2370.jpg
    DSCN2370.jpg
    1,007.5 KB · Views: 3,733
  • DSCN2371.jpg
    DSCN2371.jpg
    539.7 KB · Views: 1,523
   / John Deere AW 15' wheel disc #2  
My daughter and son-in-law recently bought a piece of ground to build a new home on. Included in the deal was this John Deere AW tandem wheel disc. It's 15' wide and has scrapers on each of the smooth blades. It looks pretty good and straight, but it's been standing in the field for about a year or more. In looking it over tonight it appears the cylinder rod broke off and the former owner just left it sitting in the field. They asked me to find out what the value of this disc is. Are these disc's still being used?....and if so....what is this disc worth? Thanks for any advice.

Hard to say.

A JD T0110 wheel disc (12 ft, 32 pans) sold for $2595 on eBay last Jan.

About that time I bought a 13ft Minneapolis Moline wheel disc (actually a rebadged Krause disc) for $600 locally. Had a few bent pans and needs one axle bushing. The hyd cylinder is in good shape. Painted it to make it look pretty. Removed 8 of the 48 pans so my 54 hp (engine) Mahindra 5525 can handle it.

DSCF0134Small.jpg

Your disc might go as high as $3000 at auction even with the busted hyd cylinder rod considering the sex appeal of the JD green paint.

/ John Deere AW 15' wheel disc #3  
You can buy 'em around here for $250 to $300 and rick 'em up like cordwood. Smaller (ie, under 10') disc's sell good, as do NEWER heavier models, but even those have a limited market nowdays. (Mostly "food plotters") I sold a 12' AW a few years back. It went for $400. Took 2 years to get a buyer. Deere disc's of that vintage don't stack up well against other brands. (such as IH...)

/ John Deere AW 15' wheel disc #4  
Hard to say.

A JD T0110 wheel disc (12 ft, 32 pans) sold for $2595 on eBay last Jan.

About that time I bought a 13ft Minneapolis Moline wheel disc (actually a rebadged Krause disc) for $600 locally. Had a few bent pans and needs one axle bushing. The hyd cylinder is in good shape. Painted it to make it look pretty. Removed 8 of the 48 pans so my 54 hp (engine) Mahindra 5525 can handle it.

DSCF0134Small.jpg

Your disc might go as high as $3000 at auction even with the busted hyd cylinder rod considering the sex appeal of the JD green paint.

JD 110 is a MUCH newer, MUCH heavier built disc.

/ John Deere AW 15' wheel disc
You can buy 'em around here for $250 to $300 and rick 'em up like cordwood. Smaller (ie, under 10') disc's sell good, as do NEWER heavier models, but even those have a limited market nowdays. (Mostly "food plotters") I sold a 12' AW a few years back. It went for $400. Took 2 years to get a buyer. Deere disc's of that vintage don't stack up well against other brands. (such as IH...)

Thanks for the input FWJ. This was going to be my guess on the value too. Will try a Craigs List add.....but I am afraid that it may be destined for the iron man......as around these parts there is lots of this vintage farm equipment to choose from.

/ John Deere AW 15' wheel disc #6  
I would ask $600 to start out, then drop the price if you don't get much interest.

/ John Deere AW 15' wheel disc #7  
if I had the time to go get it I would give you a little more then scrap price for it but like FWJ said around here they fetch $250-$400

/ John Deere AW 15' wheel disc #8  
i picked up this h1300 for 200.00 i pulled it with the nh tc25d it pulled a little hard so i think i am going to turn it into two 6.5ft offset discs but for 200.00 figured i couldn't go wrong.

Attachments

• deer pixs 1672.jpg
    deer pixs 1672.jpg
    966.3 KB · Views: 6,262
   / John Deere AW 15' wheel disc #10  
Ah, around here all the little 6 ft MF discs are super cheap and the 10-14 ft discs are 1000$ +++. The h1300 is way too much for your TC25d if you are using it right.

I've got a 12 ft IH disc that I need 4wd engaged for on my 100 hp MF. I did disc a bit of unplowed ground with my 50 hp Kubota but the blades were only 2" into the ground.