John Deere F525 NO SPARK

/ John Deere F525 NO SPARK #21  
PTO yes, hour meter I don't think so.

Simple check get power to the meter for 15 min it should advanced the 10ths marking.

PTO is is checked when starting and killed if safety systems deems it is necessary.

/ John Deere F525 NO SPARK
I was able to jumper the hot wire at the key switch to the hot wire on the pto plug and everything came back to life except the pto. I have good spark, dash lights,and all fuses are putting out 12v. I did try replacing the key switch and it gave same result no spark. I know the actual pto clutch is good, i ran hot wire directly to plug and it kicked in and out. Guess I will replace pto switch now.

/ John Deere F525 NO SPARK #23  
Excellent work and diagnostics!

Well Im just throwing parts at this thing now, what a waste of money. New Pto Switch did not fix issue. Old pto switch works fine. I was able to run mower though by jumpering "hot" red wire to "light" yellow wire at the the ignition. I have tried 3 key switches and none are putting power to the "light" terminal on key switch which is what I need to be able to run mower. I could shade tree mechanic just run a jumper to hot wire and "light" wire but I dont like the idea. I did notice that the hot wire running to voltage regulator is hot, but yellow wire coming out is not. That is the wire that runs from the 'light" post on the key switch.

/ John Deere F525 NO SPARK #25  
If the regulator wire is hot then you have a short and will probably burning up the harness. The switches are they 3rd party or JD OEM?

The red wire coming into the voltage regulator should not be hot? Key switches are oem john deere, have continuity tested all 3 and they check out fine. PTO reads 2.2 ohms on voltmeter.

/ John Deere F525 NO SPARK #27  
Most John Deere PTOs coils are in the 3.75 to 4.5 ohm range. But with a manual it is hard to say exactly what the correct reading should be.