John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones

/ John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones #11  
Botayota,

I bought the following from envirosafetyproducts.com and really like them.

PELWTD2600
Peltor Digital Worktunes 26 Radio Earmuff
Subtotal: $63.00
Shipping cost: $9.65

Total: $72.65

The reason that I love them is becuase of the digital tuner. Where I live, I have a hard time "dialing in" my favorite station, but with the digital tuner I don't have a problem. At first I didn't think the radio was loud enough because I used to listen to my ipod, but now that I'm used to it it is more than enough. I used to crank up my ipod to get over the engine noise but you don't need that high of volume on these because it reduces all engine/mower noise. I would highly recommend them. I believe that it also came with an ipod jack so that you can connect your ipod to the headphones. They are durable too. I accidently washed my tractor with the headphones hanging on the worklight. The headphones continued to work even after being soaked.

/ John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones #12  
I just throw my shooting ear muffs over my ipod ear buds.

/ John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones #13  
Good info Macrame01 I'll check these out, stations are tough tune out here in the boonies, so the digital tuner would help.

Tnxs,
BY

/ John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones #14  
botayota said:
Since we're on this headphone subject:)
Anyone know of a good set of radio headphones to use when operating a tractor? A dealer I spoke with mentioned headphones with radio but I haven't seen any around.

Thanks,
BY

I think mine are workmate or something that sounds similar. You can get them at home depot or farm stores for about $50. After buying a set for me and a set for my brother on his birthday, I found the same ones at a local bargain store for $20.

For the amount of use they get, they were a bargain at $50.

/ John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones #15  
timalabim said:
I just throw my shooting ear muffs over my ipod ear buds.

When I tried that, it felt like it was pinching my ears.

/ John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones #16  
We've used "yardphones" for years - on our second set. Hook to MP3/IPod via 1/8'' phono plug. Our library allows the download of audiobooks - great listening for long hours on the tractor (or on the commute). We also HIGHLY recommend.
Mike

/ John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones #17  
I bought the Sure E2 ear buds to use with my Ipod. The factory earbuds were very uncomfortable for me and I just didn't like them. The Sure ear buds are a giant improvement! No outside sound gets thru and you can listen to Ipod at low volume levels while mowing.They work ( sound deadening) well enough that my wife was yelling at me while playing on computer and she finally had to tap me on shoulder to get my attention. Man, I like these things!!;p

/ John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones #18  
I asked my Ear, nose and Throat MD about the noise cancelling protective headphones. His comment was(for what it's worth) that the time delay where the loud sound is "heard" by the headphones and dangerous or harmful levels are "cancelled out"electronically, anyway the time delay allows some hearing damage to occur, while giving the perception of complete attenuation of dangerous levels of sound. Apparently there is an electronic delay, measured in milliseconds in the way they operate. Like I said, FWIW.

My second comment is that there is a school of thought that says that hearing isn't "lost" by loud noise, rather it is "used up" by fracturing off the little hairs in the cochlea of your inner ear by loud sounds, and that there are a finite number of the hairs and you don't regrow or grow more.

All the more reason to use the best protection you can.
simonmeridew

/ John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones #19  
soxfan said:
Actually Kubota makes a noise cancelling as well, it adds 4-5k to the price of your tractor........ the cab:)

You don't get much bang for the buck for that $4-5K. :D

Trust me, the radio has to be turned up real loud just to hear it in a cab. I'm not even picky about my radio quality. I like to listen to talk radio while I work. The noise cancelling headphones sound like they would be perfect for me.

/ John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones #20  
botayota said:
Since we're on this headphone subject:)
Anyone know of a good set of radio headphones to use when operating a tractor? A dealer I spoke with mentioned headphones with radio but I haven't seen any around.

Thanks,
BY

I have the Peltor WorkTunes AM/FM Hearing Protector with Digital Tuning #90541
These are available through Amazon.com and I have recently seen them at Home Depot. Price is around $50. I love mine use them all the time...