John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones

/ John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones #21  
I bought a set of the JD cancelling. The music on the left side kept going away right out of the box on first use. If I pushed on the left ear pad it would come back. Very annoying. Finally it quit all together. Tried an Ipod and a CD player both.

They are going back...

/ John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones #22  
I have used a set "shure" ear buds for awhile, They are great and do not affect my hearing at low-mid volume. I love them and they were only $99. I can hear just fine after mowing.

Matt

/ John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones #23  
After reading this thread, I decided to buy the JD noise cancellation headphones. I have to say that I am very impressed. They do exactly as advertised, which is reduce low frequency noise (e.g. the engine of a lawn mower or tractor, ....). I first tried mine on my ExMark, which is especially noisy, and it really makes a big difference. Also works for the JD tractor, 2 cycle weed trimmer and hedge clippers. The material that came with the headphones claim that they reduce noise by 18 dB. That is really good, since a 3 dB reduction would reduce the noise intensity by 1/2. So I calculated that 18 dB works out to be an intensity reduction of 1/64, which is very good. Cuts the noise reaching my ears by 1/64. By the way, previously I was using headphones I bought for hearing protection at the shooting range, and the JD phones are a big improvement.

My hearing seems to get a little worse every year so I bought these to slow my hearing loss. I highly recommend them for that.

Eddie

/ John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones #24  
They should like a good investment. I always wear hearing protection when I mow the lawn. I've been wanting to try listening to my MP3 player under my earmuffs while I mow. I think I'll have to check out these Noise Canceling Headphones.

BTW, Kubota Cabs are actually as quiet as John Deere Cabs. Probably because of the Kubota Diesel over a Yanmar. Those Kubotas are pretty quiet. Especially the 3cyl Gases.

/ John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones #25  
I bought the John Deere noise cancelling after reading an article on them and this thread and I love them.
I was using a race scanner headset plugged into my ipod nano. I had to turn the ipod and headset up all the way to hear it over the noise of the mower. Now I turn it up only about half way and the volume on the headset it about half also. I do believe that I read somewhere that they are not primarily for hearing protection as the noise is still there just canceled out but that alone has got to be better for my hearing.

/ John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones #26  
My JD noise canceling headphones 7 days over the 12 month warranty snapped at the earpiece pivot point. JD no longer sells this item and will not stand behind the product. I'm a shareholder and I bleed green, but I'll not ever buy anything from Deere that isn't a tractor etc. :(

/ John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones #27  
I saw on fatwallet.com yesterday where some Lowe's stores are clearancing these and selling them for anywhere between $4.00 and $15. You just have to go to a Lowe's and see if they have them on clearance. Go to fatwallet.com and type in John Deere in search and see where they have been bought and some locations that didn't have them.

/ John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones #28  
I saw on fatwallet.com yesterday where some Lowe's stores are clearancing these and selling them for anywhere between $4.00 and $15. You just have to go to a Lowe's and see if they have them on clearance. Go to fatwallet.com and type in John Deere in search and see where they have been bought and some locations that didn't have them.

thanks for the tip.. Im going to run to your store today and see if they have any.. For that price I'd buy another pair..

brian

/ John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones #29  
... I'm a shareholder and I bleed green... :(

Now that's funny, most common complaint about JD is having to "bleed the green" to get one!

Much like a freind's saying that the HD in Harley Davidson stands for "hundred dollars" 'cause that's the least any part costs. :D MikeD74T

/ John Deere Noise Canceling Headphones #30  
I bought the JD noise canceling headphones a while back. They do an excellent job on the noise, but the sound reproduction was terrible with my iPod. The highs were just not there. Picked up a set of Able Planet noise canceling and like them a lot better, the sound quality is much better than the JD. If you're only interested in the noise canceling feature, and music reproduction isn't too important, then they would be fine. If money isn't an issue, then the over the ear Bose are supposed to be the way to go, but around $300 for a set used in a rough environment, where they could easily be damaged, is a lot of money.

Ken