Price Check John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #1  

bz1

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2520
Got a unsolicited call from my local JD dealer today, same one I bought my 2520 from. He wanted to know if I wanted to trade my 3 year old machine for a new one. I initially said no, why eat the initial depreciation now? He said I should look at what he could offer. They offered to take my 2520 with 370 hours, my 62D mower deck, and any two implements I own and replace it with all new machinery for $500 out of pocket! I still can't believe it. When I think about the cost comparison for keeping my "old" machine it would be stupid not to take this deal, right? I have about $200 in repairs to make on my machine due to minor "accidents", I probably need a new air filter soon, I have one tire leaking that needs fixing, I'm due for an oil change, and my deck needs new blades. I figure all this will cost me nearly $500 over the next year. Plus if I do the trade I have a new machine with new warranty. Why wouldn't I do this? Anyone else run across this offer? Sounds too good to be true.

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #2  
somethings funny there, no way a dealer is gonna do something without making money somewhere

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #3  
I'd bet it is too good to be true. But let us know how it finally works out. ..and why? :D

PS
Either the dealer is spoofing you, or you are spoofing us.......as I see it. ;)

Last edited:
   / John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #4  
That sounds waaaay to good to be true. It would be awesome if it worked out though. Good luck!

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #5  
Not sure what 500 out of pocket means?

Is this a cash deal?

Joel

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #6  
A few years ago, I got a similar "offer" from a Deere dealer near me. They talked about "low out of pocket cost", but when pushed for all the details, they'd forgot to mention the 7 years of payments that were part of their "plan".

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #7  
That is the gotcha, the payment book starts all over again.

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #8  
Haven't heard deal as such in our area..hmmm.

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #9  
Please send him my number.

I'll be all ears. I might have a pen ready if all that was involved was a mere 500 dollars out-of-pocket.

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #10  
Got a unsolicited call from my local JD dealer today, same one I bought my 2520 from. He wanted to know if I wanted to trade my 3 year old machine for a new one. I initially said no, why eat the initial depreciation now? He said I should look at what he could offer. They offered to take my 2520 with 370 hours, my 62D mower deck, and any two implements I own and replace it with all new machinery for $500 out of pocket! I still can't believe it. When I think about the cost comparison for keeping my "old" machine it would be stupid not to take this deal, right? I have about $200 in repairs to make on my machine due to minor "accidents", I probably need a new air filter soon, I have one tire leaking that needs fixing, I'm due for an oil change, and my deck needs new blades. I figure all this will cost me nearly $500 over the next year. Plus if I do the trade I have a new machine with new warranty. Why wouldn't I do this? Anyone else run across this offer? Sounds too good to be true.

sorry, im a little confused. is the current equipment all paid for? or is there still a loan on it. Will they swap equipment for equipment, meaning a mower deck for mower deck, etc.

Is he simply giving you a stack of payment coupons for 5-7 years?? as far as i know JD was offering 0% financing anyways.

What is the trade in allowance hes offering for your used equipment.??