Buying Advice John Deere vs Kubota

/ John Deere vs Kubota #1  

ausa2013

Tractor
None at the moment
I grew up on 80 acres and Dad had and ONLY had John Deere, but my Grandpa has had a Kubota that I'm very impressed with. SO here's the deal, my wife and I are about to buy some land in NW Oklahoma and there's a lot of clearing and shrubs, tall grass, etc. I was wanting to know if you guys can give me any help on this when choosing which brand to buy. I just need at least 35 HP not a whole lot. Liked the look of the Kubota L3901 and John Deere 3038. Any help or opinions feel free to weigh in. Thanks!

/ John Deere vs Kubota #2  
Both good companies, get the one you like better or has a better dealer. They also both have good support in terms of parts.

/ John Deere vs Kubota #3  
I have the L3301, they are terrific little tractors. But... load the rears, AND add wheel weights, as they are very light in the butt. Otherwise, fantastic all around scuts.

/ John Deere vs Kubota
I read a lot of good things about those. Yes, heard they were light in the rear. How long have you had the 3301?

/ John Deere vs Kubota #6  
Do you have any Kioti, LS or Yanmar dealers nearby.
They also make some nice tractors and well worth a look IMO.

/ John Deere vs Kubota
Do you have any Kioti, LS or Yanmar dealers nearby.
They also make some nice tractors and well worth a look IMO.

Yes! We have a Kioti dealership close by I'll do some research on them as well.

/ John Deere vs Kubota #8  
John Deere has been using Yanmar engines for decades so you might as well check out a whole tractor made by Yanmar. The YT235 has a number of nice features like auto throttle, mid PTO, three range HST, and cruise control.

In the Kubota L series I'd recommend the L2501 or the L3901. They're both economy bare bones tractors, but both very capable.

/ John Deere vs Kubota #9  
Depending on your budget and needs, if you plan on using a FEL on your tractor and think you will also need a BH attachment, you might consider the Kubota L47 TLB.

At first look it appears to be a dedicated backhoe, but BH is detachable and it has a 3-point hitch.

It is more of a 45 HP machine than a 35 bit most of us find we need bigger, not smaller.

One nice thing about the L47 is that, when using the BH, you do not have to leave your seat for a different one. Also, it has a "creeper" mode for trenching.

Just some additional food for thought ...

/ John Deere vs Kubota #10  
Both excellent brands - best to try them both, check out the dealers and then decide what is best for you.