Buying Advice John Deere vs Kubota

/ John Deere vs Kubota #51  
Personally, I wouldn't buy one due to the lack of name recognition and dealer support. However, if they're Korean built tractors with Japanese Yanmar engines, I must admit that they have the potential to be very good machines for a great price.

/ John Deere vs Kubota #52  
Assuming that other posters are correct that TYM makes those RK machines, then the reliability has been established, and their performance is usually at the top of their class. What isn't clear is who will service them. RK stores are not equipped with full tractor service facilities like most established dealers have, and I can't see them paying for full time staff and parts inventories. Unless warranty service can be done by TYM dealers, it seems quite risky. If someone is serious about buying from RK, they should sit down with the store manager and get the full scoop about warranty coverage and parts availability. It wouldn't be a bad idea to post on the TYM forum to see if there might be some RK tractor owners prowling around there.

/ John Deere vs Kubota #53  
when i started looking at tractors 20 or so years ago i went the same route. john deere or kubota. after much research i just couldn't justify the price difference for the deere.i even asked the deere dealer why the price for a comparable deere was so much higher. his answer was better trade in value! i settled on the kubota L3400 with fel and 5' brush cutter. i've owned 5 kubotas since. it was a nice little tractor and had great power for its size but it was light. too light for what i was using it for. so i traded for a low hour grand L 3240. another great machine and the grand L was much nicer heavier machine. extendable lift arm on the 3 point was awsome as well as a removable fel but it seemed under powered to me. so i went up to the 3940 grand L which was new. the power to wieght on this machine was well balanced. did everything i asked of it with no problem. i my opinion the best of the three although i did have some minor issues with it. i also during this time had a bx 2200 which i wound up trading for a bx 2350 which i still own. the main issue i've had with the kubotas has been steering cylinders. 3 of the 5 i had to replace the steering cylinders on at relatively low hours. both bxs and the 3940. get it on a hillside and you were constantly have to keep turning the wheel up the hill to keep it straight. and you didn't dare to take your eye off the road or you would be off in a heartbeat. i have now gone up to a mahindra 3550 and havn't looked back other then the bx i am happier with it then any i have ever owned. so don't necessarily go for brand and get more then you think you need. my opinion for what its worth.

/ John Deere vs Kubota #54  
Currently, John Deere makes agricultural tractors, combines and engines in China. CNH Industrial produces agricultural tractors, combines, cotton pickers and sugar cane harvesters. And AGCO manufactures agricultural tractors, harvesting machinery, diesel engines and grain-storage equipment. Other major foreign manufacturers—including Claas and Kubota—also have factories in China.

Progressive Farmer – June 216 : Made In China