John deere x300 or Husquavarna 15 hp?

/ John deere x300 or Husquavarna 15 hp? #11  
Yeah, the sweeper has to be used after cutting the grass. It works fairly well on wet grass, better on dry grass, Tall grass is seldom a problem. Sweepers also work well on small sticks, pine cones, and paper trash if your neighbors bless you with that little problem. (I love my mutant neighbors /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif)

/ John deere x300 or Husquavarna 15 hp? #12  
Yeah, the sweeper has to be used after cutting the grass. It works fairly well on wet grass, better on dry grass, Tall grass is seldom a problem. Sweepers also work well on small sticks, pine cones, and paper trash if your neighbors bless you with that little problem. (I love my mutant neighbors /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif)

/ John deere x300 or Husquavarna 15 hp? #13  
Please go green here. I do not minimize the capabilities of any machine (or try not to) and I know the Husq's are used by a lot of folks who really like them, but the JD is in another leaque really. It is $1200 better. Now the big key is whether you really need the better-ness enough to pay the extra money. For me I would, but to each his own.

John M

/ John deere x300 or Husquavarna 15 hp? #14  
Please go green here. I do not minimize the capabilities of any machine (or try not to) and I know the Husq's are used by a lot of folks who really like them, but the JD is in another leaque really. It is $1200 better. Now the big key is whether you really need the better-ness enough to pay the extra money. For me I would, but to each his own.

John M

/ John deere x300 or Husquavarna 15 hp?
Thanks for the advice, I am leaning towards the deere, I have always been one to buy the more expensive, for the hopes of it lasting longer and being a better machine. I am thinking of steering away from the bagger though, mostly because I am not sure that it will work that good for me here in Oregon, it is wet alot. I am considering side discharging and letting it sit, or putting the mulching blade on and trying that. I am not sure though if the wet will affect the mulching? The deere has a lot of nice features and I know I can always get parts and service. Deere seems to set the price on these machines though, it doesn't seem there is much room for haggling over price?

Thanks again for the advice,

Ryan

/ John deere x300 or Husquavarna 15 hp?
Thanks for the advice, I am leaning towards the deere, I have always been one to buy the more expensive, for the hopes of it lasting longer and being a better machine. I am thinking of steering away from the bagger though, mostly because I am not sure that it will work that good for me here in Oregon, it is wet alot. I am considering side discharging and letting it sit, or putting the mulching blade on and trying that. I am not sure though if the wet will affect the mulching? The deere has a lot of nice features and I know I can always get parts and service. Deere seems to set the price on these machines though, it doesn't seem there is much room for haggling over price?

Thanks again for the advice,

Ryan

/ John deere x300 or Husquavarna 15 hp? #17  
I think you could haggle some. I do not know about the left coast, but here in our area, sales of lawn and garden equipment for the most part has been slow. This might mean you have some bargaining room with your dealer. It never hurts to ask, and if you have two good dealers nearby you could comparison shop.

John M

/ John deere x300 or Husquavarna 15 hp? #18  
I think you could haggle some. I do not know about the left coast, but here in our area, sales of lawn and garden equipment for the most part has been slow. This might mean you have some bargaining room with your dealer. It never hurts to ask, and if you have two good dealers nearby you could comparison shop.

John M

/ John deere x300 or Husquavarna 15 hp? #19  
ok,in response as to which is better,this is a no brainer,the deere costs more because it is a better machine,however,i think you're dealer is gouging you,the x300 lists for $2799 and there is no haggling over them.i recently purchased an X320 and absolutely love it.as far as the bagger goes,they are really nice,but wet grass will cause them to clog quickly.i would suggest mowing frequent if using the bagger to keep the clippings small and more managable for the bagger.the sweeper does a fine job as well,and may be more suitable to you're needs.either way you go,the deere is the better choice and right now they are offering a 30 day trial on them so you have nothing to lose if you don't like it but you will love it. the difference in quality is immediately noticable.
good luck on you're choice

/ John deere x300 or Husquavarna 15 hp? #20  
ok,in response as to which is better,this is a no brainer,the deere costs more because it is a better machine,however,i think you're dealer is gouging you,the x300 lists for $2799 and there is no haggling over them.i recently purchased an X320 and absolutely love it.as far as the bagger goes,they are really nice,but wet grass will cause them to clog quickly.i would suggest mowing frequent if using the bagger to keep the clippings small and more managable for the bagger.the sweeper does a fine job as well,and may be more suitable to you're needs.either way you go,the deere is the better choice and right now they are offering a 30 day trial on them so you have nothing to lose if you don't like it but you will love it. the difference in quality is immediately noticable.
good luck on you're choice