Joining the ranks of Mr Bird!

/ Joining the ranks of Mr Bird! #21  
DieselPower wrote
Oh the horror! Life without a tractor is a unthinkable thought.
I hear you.
Man, I can't remember what life was like BEFORE tractor...and that was not too long ago.

/ Joining the ranks of Mr Bird!
3RRL said:
DieselPower wrote
I hear you.
Man, I can't remember what life was like BEFORE tractor...and that was not too long ago.

Oh man I hear you. Like just this morning I looked in the back of my truck to see the 4 bags of concrete I put in there a week ago. Now how am I going to get those into the backyard? A wheelbarrow? Man, its going to be rough, really rough.

/ Joining the ranks of Mr Bird! #23  
I use to make 6 and 8 month Navy cruises without the use of a tractor... yea, we had aircraft tow tractors. Just carry a picture in the wallet and you will be ok.

mark

/ Joining the ranks of Mr Bird! #24  
3RRL said:
DieselPower wrote
I hear you.

Question is, was there life before the tractor. :confused: I don't know if I consider living before I got my first tractor a real life. :D

/ Joining the ranks of Mr Bird! #25  
_Rat_, I see in your profile where you still have a fender handle off of a tractor. I would go out in the shop and attatch it to the side of my favorite beverage holder. That way you can still be real close to the tractoring experience. Now that you have an unusual amount of spare time, is there a female cleaning lady somewhere in your house, might re-introduce yourself to her.;)

/ Joining the ranks of Mr Bird! #26  
Well Mark now that you are in your new place with less property do I see a BX in your future or a diesel ZTR?

MarkV

MarkV said:
Well Mark now that you are in your new place with less property do I see a BX in your future or a diesel ZTR?

MarkV

When I looked at the BX 2350 etc., it was a bit of a let down. Tiny front wheels, plastic hood with a plastic blob where the hood latches. Maybe I was expecting to much, I mean, the BX is talked about so much here. It looks like a very capable tractor. I do have access to a CAT 236B and a John Deere 410D backhoe, but they are not mine, they belong to the community here where I live. As the head of maintenance (a volunteer position) I can always sneak the tractors to my place and say I'm doing repairs and testing them out, but I think that will only go so far. :cool: we'll see, we'll see....

/ Joining the ranks of Mr Bird! #28  
_RaT_ said:
When I looked at the BX 2350 etc., it was a bit of a let down. Tiny front wheels, plastic hood with a plastic blob where the hood latches. Maybe I was expecting to much, I mean, the BX is talked about so much here. It looks like a very capable tractor. I do have access to a CAT 236B and a John Deere 410D backhoe, but they are not mine, they belong to the community here where I live. As the head of maintenance (a volunteer position) I can always sneak the tractors to my place and say I'm doing repairs and testing them out, but I think that will only go so far. :cool: we'll see, we'll see....
Check Out the B's. I have a L3830 and recently pick up a B2630. You know you are on a smaller tractor, but it still feels like a tractor. Your posts since your 3830's departure have been depressing me. ;) Check out the B's.

goneandbrokeit said:
Check Out the B's. I have a L3830 and recently pick up a B2630. You know you are on a smaller tractor, but it still feels like a tractor. Your posts since your 3830's departure have been depressing me. ;) Check out the B's.

You should have seen the guy that bought it. He and his wife as well as the guys tractor expert came out to look at it. I marked it down exactly 25% from my total cost, toothbar, mower, TnT, tractor and loader and all taxes. It came to about $20,570 or so. He offered me $19,000, I said $20,000 is as low as I would go, we shook hands, he could not wait. I had almost 600 hours on it and about 1200 hours on the mower. So the new guy hopefully will be very happy. Here it is sitting on my driveway waiting for pickup.

Attachments

• L3830-last-day.jpg
    L3830-last-day.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 196
   / Joining the ranks of Mr Bird! #30  
RaT, nice machine. Must be nice to live in a climate where the paint can get scuffed off your loader bucket and not be replaced by rust almost immediately. Watch out for the onset of a TAS condition - (TAS =Tractor Acquisition Syndrome) LOL !