Joining the ranks of Mr Bird!

/ Joining the ranks of Mr Bird! #31  
I use to make 6 and 8 month Navy cruises without the use of a tractor... yea, we had aircraft tow tractors.
The good ole MD3 tow tractor or Tug's as they were called. Working power was provided by a Detroit diesel 671 slant 6 and often times carried a GTC105 off the back.

Rat, sorry to hear you've parted with a most valuable tool. As for the BX series, I'd say the B series would also be dissapointing to you at this point as your former machine was in a whole 'nother class. Course after awhile sans a diesel powered tool w/ a workable FEL a BX just may start to look good to you :D
Look to the previous BX models if tin coverings are more impressive.
Good luck

/ Joining the ranks of Mr Bird!
Volfandt said:
The good ole MD3 tow tractor or Tug's as they were called. Working power was provided by a Detroit diesel 671 slant 6 and often times carried a GTC105 off the back.

Rat, sorry to hear you've parted with a most valuable tool. As for the BX series, I'd say the B series would also be dissapointing to you at this point as your former machine was in a whole 'nother class. Course after awhile sans a diesel powered tool w/ a workable FEL a BX just may start to look good to you :D
Look to the previous BX models if tin coverings are more impressive.
Good luck

I have been perusing the Kubota B26. I am ripping out my garage floor and puttng up a new one in a different spot. I have folks that live in my area that keep asking me to come over and do tractor work. Now if the B26 has the same HST ranges as the L48 I had, I will not be interested in it. If on the other hand the B26 has a medium range from 0-6 or 7 mph, thats another story. I am thinking but its probably not going to happen. I just need to much other stuff. :rolleyes: