Just another day in the life...of my CK30HST

/ Just another day in the life...of my CK30HST #21  
<font color="blue"> I bet it hasn't changed a bit. </font>

I find that hard to believe - that palm tree CAN'T still be there! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Just another day in the life...of my CK30HST
I think pictures of Diamond Head are in color now, otherwise...some of the trees grew.

OK, I have to be honest - I haven't been to Waikiki in about 3 years and only about 9PM to 4AM that trip. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

David

/ Just another day in the life...of my CK30HST #23  
Probably only 200 high rise condos where that tree was. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Just another day in the life...of my CK30HST #25  
Lets see, the beach is bigger now, they brought boat loads of sand in from Molokai to widen it. The Pink Hotel is the only hotel left on ocean side of the road from that period. The ocean water swimming pool (in the far background) that was build after WWI is still there but you can't swim in it and is falling apart. sorry no nude beach, but 200 high rises is probably correct.

you got a great picture there.

aloha
joe /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Just another day in the life...of my CK30HST #26  
Same view, 50 years later ... yes the times, they are a chang-inggggg .....

Man, hard to believe I was ever that young. But as they say, being old beats the heck out of the alternative, and at least I got to see the Beatles in person! (Baltimore, 1964 - man, what a show that was ... yeah, yeah, yeah, YEAH!) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 811576-2002%2012%2018%20Waikiki%20beach (640 x 480).jpg
    811576-2002%2012%2018%20Waikiki%20beach (640 x 480).jpg
    89 KB · Views: 245
   / Just another day in the life...of my CK30HST #27  
CT, I'm just curious, but if you had a pic of the modern day area, why did you ask if it had changed? Or did you find the pic somehow later?
John

/ Just another day in the life...of my CK30HST #28  
<font color="blue"> why did you ask if it had changed? </font>

Just a little tongue-in-cheek humor, KJ - I know how much it's changed. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Just another day in the life...of my CK30HST
Sure a lot more people in that second pic.

David

/ Just another day in the life...of my CK30HST #30  
Thank goodness that scenery didn't get in the way of those high rises!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif