Just arrived and hour meter is broken

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken
I've seen a softening of bigger Kubotas at auction lately. Mostly TIER IV that you don't want, and I don't either, but maybe a microcosm of a bigger trend in prices. There have been sales of pre-TIER IV larger Kubotas at lower prices than typical of the past 18 months as well.
You can search results at TractorHouse as well as Equipment Facts. Much of what shows up on dealer lots is from auctions.

I'm nervous buying anything used, unless I know the source but can suggest you look at Mast tractors in the link below. Local Amish/Mennonite family that has things others can't get. They pay more and they get more but I have found them beyond reproach. FYI

That's good news. A good depression would help my buying power pretty well.

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #403  
That's good news. A good depression would help my buying power pretty well.
I saw this video and I thought of you. Hope you don't mind that I put it in this thread but didn't know how else you would see it. Hope you like it!

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #404  
Well, I got my M105s a few hours ago. Been playing with it and besides a loose steering wheel and worn FL tire it looks good. I glanced down at the hours and guess what. It hasn't moved!!

This thing could have 10k hours on it! I bought it from a kubota dealership out of state who explicity told me via voice, email, and ad that is had 1555hrs. Well, 2 hours later it still does.

Whats my recourse? He's not answering his cell phone at the moment.
CALL KUBOTA CORPORATE...THEY DO CARE ABOUT SHODDY DEALERS

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #407  
RESOLVED!
RESOLVED!
RESOLVED!
RESOLVED!
RESOLVED!

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #408  
I didn't have time to read it all...
I agree independent review if you can't or don't have the mechanical knowledge to review anything used.
I agree people should be honest in dealings life is too short and it sucks not being able to trust anyone. they could have been a pain and just played stupid and made life way more complicated but glad they did the right thing.
Dealer in this case is stand up, they learned of the issue.. admitted they made a mistake and took actions to correct it.. like it should be done in life. Honestly I feel they should almost be commended and I hope this gives them credibility in the community.

Now to the machine in Q.... haven't really seen any photos... but a worn tire .. almost bald = a lot of hrs in my book, if 2k is mostly worn then another 2k gets you to cords showing? and it sounds like they run the tires until they go flat.. good ROI but dang. I assume the rest of the tractor looked fairly used as well.

In terms of HR meters... in construction industry it was - is common for them to fail and never be replaced, disconnect, especially the simple $20 special ones. With computer controls not such a big of deal as the ECU keeps track still. I know most Kubota have dash integrated into the Tach so those aren't as cheap to swap out and or disconnect but it happens. I recon my point is you really need to look at the overall look of the machine.. does it look like 500 or 5,000 or maybe 10,000 tires, paint, tread, pedal wear, seats, armrests, bucket wear, pin wear.. all play a role in showing age and maintenance.

Good luck on your next purchase