Just arrived and hour meter is broken

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #291  
Read #265:
"But now we're in the $70k+ range which is not a payment I want. I don't really want to go above $35k."
But that excludes almost any new Kubota or JD with 35 HP or more.

The real question is how much tractor does OP need. What he found in his price range used may have been more than he really needs (I have no idea). There are some very nice new tractors for $35k depending on what is needed.

If he needs a used 105 HP 10k lb machine, the pickings will be slim for at that price.

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #292  
With out getting too much into your business, what is the driving factors in the search; HP for a specific impliment, size/weight/lifting power; something I'm missing? If you can get away with a machine in 65-90hp; it opens up a lot of 'life style' guys used machines, with low hours, and all. When you get into a M105 class machine; used machines are Mostly going to heavily used, off lease, or big money.

An example of what was either a chore machine or a 'life style' guy. A 66 Hp cab machine, with loader for $43k and only 355 hours. That's a big step down in power and a significant step up in money. As a counter, an MF 5465, 109 hp, loader, cab ,2200 hours, for $55,000.
Screenshot_20230924_175847_Chrome.jpg

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #293  
Guys, he had an M105; I don't think he is looking for a 47 HP machine?

If you don't mind, do you have MF, JD, New Holland or Kubota dealer close? I know your looking foe used, but, and I mean No offense, but it sounds like you probably will contract maintenance (you say you're extremely busy). Are you against a higher hour machine, in the same size/power bracket, just the dishonesty? Have you considered a used state/county/contractor highway mowing machine?
He can still get a Mitsubishi of 94Hp to 104Hp diesel. MT801 or MT901

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #294  
Well, I got my M105s a few hours ago. Been playing with it and besides a loose steering wheel and worn FL tire it looks good. I glanced down at the hours and guess what. It hasn't moved!!

This thing could have 10k hours on it! I bought it from a kubota dealership out of state who explicity told me via voice, email, and ad that is had 1555hrs. Well, 2 hours later it still does.

Whats my recourse? He's not answering his cell phone at the moment.
I'm sure you do not want to hear this but it should have been inspected by you or an agent on your behalf.Let the buyer beware! it helps prevent these all too often events

Good luck sir

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #295  
Although I would be completely honest if I ever sold my X495, as I was putting it away one day, I noticed the hours read 499.8 and clicked over to 499.9. I sat there for a minute or so thinking I'd watch it click over to an even 500. Then I thought, this is silly, I'll just watch it happen next time I use the machine. The thing is, next time, when I turned it on the meter read 99.9 - the 4 had disappeared! Then, when it came time to click over to 500, the hour meter went back to 0.0! Since then, I've put another 700+ hours on it, with the hour meter reading just the 700-odd.

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #296  
Subscribed
Well, I got my M105s a few hours ago. Been playing with it and besides a loose steering wheel and worn FL tire it looks good. I glanced down at the hours and guess what. It hasn't moved!!

This thing could have 10k hours on it! I bought it from a kubota dealership out of state who explicity told me via voice, email, and ad that is had 1555hrs. Well, 2 hours later it still does.

Whats my recourse? He's not answering his cell phone at the moment.
Subscribed

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #297  
I will advise to fix the meter and continue with your life, and enjoy your tractor.
In the final analysis, this is likely the best advicie. There will be no proving that it wasn't working if when the dealer took it in; certainly no proving that he tampered with it. Run your tractor and maintain it well. If this is something that is going to trouble you every time you get on the machine, the better thing is to sell it and move on, dealing with someone local and trustworthy.

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #298  
From what I see they were made 2005 to 2007. For $30,000 I would have wanted to look it over first carefully. Maybe talk with a lawyer if you know one, probably not much you can do at this point.
I saw an ad for a Bobcat skid steer on Craigslist at a good price. Looking at it in person they had used it moving pallets of salt so lots of corrosion and couldn't find service records. Oil was black, dirty filters.
I moved on...
If the Kubota runs well otherwise and hour meter DID work...would you be happy?
There's a "cooling off rule": "As explained by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the federal cooling-off rules gives the consumer three days to cancel certain sales for a full refund."
Only you can decide what's best for you.
“Cooling off rule” only applies to sales initiated in your home.

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #299  
The electric powered meters ALSO are especially prone to failure. I see all sorts of equipment on Marketplace that looks well used, pic of the hour meter shows 1500 hours. Ad descriptions says 'only 1500 hours', and I think 'Ya 1500 hours when the hour meter quit working 3000 hours ago'...

Yes, the OP's hour meter was mechanical.

Last edited: