Oil & Fuel Just bought a Belarus 250AS

/ Just bought a Belarus 250AS #1  

markstrong94

Tractor
Belarus 250AS
So I just picked up a belarus 250 AS for a grand. It hadn't been run for about 2 years. We jumped it and it started fine but only one cylinder fires. I drained the diesel and replaced it. I see I can get injector atomizers. Is taking the injector apart within my skill set, or is that more difficult than it seems?

/ Just bought a Belarus 250AS #2  
Well I can't say for sure (never owned one, never had the need to tear into an injector), but I do know the Belarus line was designed with owner maintenance in mind so I'm thinking you shouldn't have much trouble. Maybe some who own them will chime in shortly.

/ Just bought a Belarus 250AS #3  
Take the injectors out of the engine and then reconnect them to the injection pump line then spin it over see what comes out.

/ Just bought a Belarus 250AS #4  
FYI, there is a new starter on the market that will really crank this tractor..If you should find out you need one..The electrics are not the best on it either. But they are strong..Run fuel injector cleaner in the fuel when you get it going.Hope there is not rust in them?i

/ Just bought a Belarus 250AS #5  
FYI, there is a new starter on the market that will really crank this tractor..If you should find out you need one..The electrics are not the best on it either. But they are strong..Run fuel injector cleaner in the fuel when you get it going.Hope there is not rust in them?i

what about that starter? I still have the original but the 250 has always been insanely hard to crank. They look like good starters but it seems like it needs about 150 amps current to crank these tractors.

/ Just bought a Belarus 250AS #6  
The 250's have a decompression lever ... push it and hold until the engine is really whirling over ...let go of the lever and it should start like magic.

Strong little 31 hp tractors.

/ Just bought a Belarus 250AS #7  
The 250's have a decompression lever ... push it and hold until the engine is really whirling over ...let go of the lever and it should start like magic.

Strong little 31 hp tractors.

Thats with the compressions lever, with the compression shut it won't crank at all. My battery is a 24" 12V, 180.00 from NAPA . But I agree, they are very strong for only "31 HP". I thought it was 28.

/ Just bought a Belarus 250AS #8  
   / Just bought a Belarus 250AS #9  
Thats with the compressions lever, with the compression shut it won't crank at all. My battery is a 24" 12V, 180.00 from NAPA . But I agree, they are very strong for only "31 HP". I thought it was 28.

I just purchased a 250AS Belarus as well. Can you tell me where the compression lever is located??? Also, how do you kill the engine.

/ Just bought a Belarus 250AS #10  
I just purchased a 250AS Belarus as well. Can you tell me where the compression lever is located??? Also, how do you kill the engine.

at the very edge of the floor panel in front of your right foot. Mine is a 1979. Maybe they all did not have that.
Good question, to kill the engine Ive always opened the compression lever. Dont know if thats good or not.