Just bought a rhino clone

/ Just bought a rhino clone #11  
There is a small dealer up here that sells Hisun, everybody that's bought them sings them praises. When I bought my RTV I saw them in his line up and initially thought they were a Yamaha. I went in to get a price and that's when he mentioned the brand, I hadn't walked up close enough to machine to tell. I have a tendency to check pricing before I go ogle a product because regardless of whether it's too expensive or not if I check it out and really want it I'm likely to buy it.:ashamed:

At the time I passed, I couldn't bring myself to buy a China clone so I went with the Kubota thinking it likely had better build quality but then I started running into guys that have the Hisun and after hearing their feedback I wish I had given them a better look. In a perfect world I would love to buy a US built buggy but it's just not possible. So far I'm just glad the RTV is better than my father's 1.5 yr old BX tractor that's still waiting for it's metal hydraulic line to show up...2 weeks of tractor downtime and still no results...and this is the third time that same line has ruptured:mad:..I don't think I'll be looking at another Kubota anything...I doubt a Chinese unit would take any longer to get parts for.

/ Just bought a rhino clone
DIXIEDOG, thanks. It's good to hear that people are liking them. There is actually a forum(rhinoclones.com) that talks about these. I'm sure the Kubota will hold up fine. I think the rtv 500 fits in a pickup as well. I didn't even look at them. I was going back and forth between the real Rhino and the clones too much already. I actually drove a ranger 400, very nice,but I wanted EFI. Dealer had no idea when he would get the Ranger 500 EFI.Also , I read that the ranger was made in China,for Fuji(polaris) The only reason I posted here,was that Chip is/was a forum member. Seems like a helluva nice guy.

Tom

/ Just bought a rhino clone #13  
own the rhino can't say one bad thing about it. I use it to plow snow and other chores, along with that, my better half and I go for the occasional cruise. I plan to someday get the tracks for it.

/ Just bought a rhino clone #14  
every single part i ever bought for my hpx had made in china on it and they held up great. as for as the knockoff rhino i think it will holdup as long as you use it for what it's inteneded for lite work and alot of play. wheel bearings are a thing that go out all the time most go out just because of wear and some go out because of the use of a soap it gets into them and breaks down the oil and the bearings fail. but hey bearings are cheep and i find them a thing that just goes out . now i do alot of mud rideing on my rhino but it's yet to have a bad bearing. let us know with updates on how she does.

Tommyhpx4x4, I plan to change the final drive and diff oil early. I wonder if the real rhino bearings will fit. That's impressive ,never had good luck with wheal bearings and mud

/ Just bought a rhino clone #16  
I gotta say I have taken this risk before. Bought a grey market Yanmar back before they were common. Put John deer parts on it when Yanmar parts were not available. That tractor finally wore out about 15 years later. I think we got the 2300.00 out of it. We could have rebuilt it as all the parts were availble,,, We passed and went onto a bigger one.
I know alot of people with the china made quads and for the most part they are pleased. The units seem to meet all but one of my friends needs and he is 300 lb riding a 125 quad and beating it like a bad horse.

I think for the price diffrence if you are realisic in your expectations it is a risk worth taking.

As for buying a "made in america" product,,,, I do not feel sorry for our industry. They have driven us to have to buy cheaper made equiptment because that made in the USA or with a made in the usa brand name on it cost 2-3x as much. It used to kill me to buy foriegn stuff. I loose no sleep about it now.

Love that green paint lined with gold....

/ Just bought a rhino clone #17  
As for buying a "made in america" product,,,, I do not feel sorry for our industry. They have driven us to have to buy cheaper made equiptment because that made in the USA or with a made in the usa brand name on it cost 2-3x as much. It used to kill me to buy foriegn stuff. I loose no sleep about it now.
You and me may not have any other thing in common but I think the same way/thing on this statement:cool:

"Of course you know, we need pictures, lots of pictures especially action ones!!!!!"

Hopefully be able to pick it up Tuesday

"Of course you know, we need pictures, lots of pictures especially action ones!!!!!"

Hopefully be able to pick it up Tuesday