Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #81  
You could offer $32k cash for an MX today and I think they'd laugh you out of the store.

It's damn painful.
I'd have to look back at my notes, but I think one dealer quoted me $32,500 for a L3902 about a month ago.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #82  
I'd have to look back at my notes, but I think one dealer quoted me $32,500 for a L3902 about a month ago.
Before the MX5400 I bought a L3301 open station in 2019 for $21,800. Sold that in 2021 to get the MX5400.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #83  
Let's just assume the L2502 and the TYM T474H are the exact same price at the same dealership just so the dealership is not really an issue. Would you or anyone else rather pay the same for the K in order to get perceived quality and long term parts support or are those factors offset by getting a heavier tractor with nearly double the HP, mechanical injection and a simpler DPF.

some would buy the L2502 to avoid DPF. Granted. But if you can get a much more powerful tractor for the same money, is the K price really worth it?

And then the other question is how many K sales are driven by 0 percent financing?

For me, there is nothing that would convince me to purchase a TYM, or any other korean tractor. The sales volume directly relates to product support down the road and these companies just aren't there yet.

There is no free financing, even with Kubota. You pay a penalty up front for the 0% financing. Although, I'm sure that marketing plan is appealing to some buyers. I paid cash for my tractor and was given the cash discount.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #84  
I bought my Kioti because it seemed the best selling, best built and best supported of the Korean makes. Hard to get to real data on sales volumes, though. The dealer network is pretty robust from what I can tell.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #85  
For me, there is nothing that would convince me to purchase a TYM, or any other korean tractor. The sales volume directly relates to product support down the road and these companies just aren't there yet.

There is no free financing, even with Kubota. You pay a penalty up front for the 0% financing. Although, I'm sure that marketing plan is appealing to some buyers. I paid cash for my tractor and was given the cash discount.
A bit of a close-minded approach. Using that logic, there should be only one manufacturer of any product as the others don't have enough sales volume and if everyone uses that logic, they never would. We should all have a F150, a Camry and a JD tractor.

As a Jeep fan, you don't even follow your own logic. Much lower sales on Jeep than almost any other make in the US. Somehow, they still manage to make parts for them. Even if you use the parent company, Stellanis is quite a ways down the list of manufacturers in sales volume.

Seems like you (and many others) fall victim to the marketing of Kubota and Deere as they falsely try to justify their exorbitant prices by implying or outright stating that the competition isn't in it for the long haul. TYM has been doing this for 75 years. Maybe a bit new to selling tractors under their own name in the US, but hardly a newcomer. Ditto Yanmar.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #86  
A bit of a close-minded approach. Using that logic, there should be only one manufacturer of any product as the others don't have enough sales volume and if everyone uses that logic, they never would. We should all have a F150, a Camry and a JD tractor.

As a Jeep fan, you don't even follow your own logic. Much lower sales on Jeep than almost any other make in the US. Somehow, they still manage to make parts for them. Even if you use the parent company, Stellanis is quite a ways down the list of manufacturers in sales volume.

Seems like you (and many others) fall victim to the marketing of Kubota and Deere as they falsely try to justify their exorbitant prices by implying or outright stating that the competition isn't in it for the long haul. TYM has been doing this for 75 years. Maybe a bit new to selling tractors under their own name in the US, but hardly a newcomer. Ditto Yanmar.
Um, you’re based and I understand. If your good with tym good, but to say they are the same quality as Deere/kubota/massey is ridiculous. They are cheap for a reason…or do you believe they purposely make less profit?

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #87  
Out of curiosity I reached out to 2 of my dealers I buy from, one is on vaca and he historically gives me the greatest deals. But, the other priced the l2505 with loader at 24500/gear and 26500/hydro. I am not familiar with these models at all by the way. Just got caught up in this thread.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #88  
I would say it's more like, Deere and Kubota purposefully make MORE profit by riding on their (deserved) reputation. The other guys know they have to stay efficient and accept lower margins, yes. They still don't want their tractors to break during warranty, obviously.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #89  
Um, you’re based and I understand. If your good with tym good, but to say they are the same quality as Deere/kubota/massey is ridiculous. They are cheap for a reason…or do you believe they purposely make less profit?
No. They have lower labor and marketing costs. Also, like any brand (including JD and Kubota) they use price as a market differentiator in lieu of name recognition. As they continue to grow in the US market, they will undoubtedly increase prices. Price has to overcome bias for now.

I'm not biased, I am analytical. I grew up in an IH household (dad and 2 uncles had dealerships). If I were biased, I would have gone CaseIH and never looked back. I spent 2 years looking at 14 brands and countless models. Most everyone who speaks badly about TYM has either never driven one or did so 10+ years ago. The only brand I would have purchased over TYM is Yanmar. Unfortunately, they have nearly as high of prices as JD and Kubota and no dealers nearby.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #90  
Out of curiosity I reached out to 2 of my dealers I buy from, one is on vaca and he historically gives me the greatest deals. But, the other priced the l2505 with loader at 24500/gear and 26500/hydro. I am not familiar with these models at all by the way. Just got caught up in this thread.
To price them, you have to add on all of the stuff that is standard with the competition, but is an upcharge (if even available) on the basic L series Kubota. Do that and the price will be near or above 30k.