Just Purchase My First John Deere Tractor!

/ Just Purchase My First John Deere Tractor! #11  
It will be a LONG 2 weeks you can bet but will be worth it when she is home.:thumbsup:

/ Just Purchase My First John Deere Tractor! #12  
Congrats on the tractor. I ordered a 5115M on April first and was told June 10th delivery. Ahg..

/ Just Purchase My First John Deere Tractor! #13  
Congratulations, great tractor, hope you have many trouble free years of use.

/ Just Purchase My First John Deere Tractor! #14  
I just looked up some photos of the 5085 and it looks like a great machine. Congratulations.

/ Just Purchase My First John Deere Tractor! #15  
Congrats on the new tractor! A new 5000 series with a cab is hard to beat. We have a couple on the farm we use for round baling peanut straw and Bermuda grass, running augers at the bins, pallet forks for unloading seed, running ditches,pulling relift pumps for irrigation. They get used a lot! You'll like it! You'll also like the drag type bush hog, never used a Deere, but use a batwing woods a lot in the summer, if you have hills or pasture, ditch banks to mow, or uneven property to now, you'll like it a lot. Lot better for following contour than 3 point. LUTT

/ Just Purchase My First John Deere Tractor!
Congrats on the new tractor! A new 5000 series with a cab is hard to beat. We have a couple on the farm we use for round baling peanut straw and Bermuda grass, running augers at the bins, pallet forks for unloading seed, running ditches,pulling relift pumps for irrigation. They get used a lot! You'll like it! You'll also like the drag type bush hog, never used a Deere, but use a batwing woods a lot in the summer, if you have hills or pasture, ditch banks to mow, or uneven property to now, you'll like it a lot. Lot better for following contour than 3 point. LUTT

Hey Lutt, thanks so much for the feedback. I am waiting for the 5085 cab to arrive. Said it will take about 2-3 weeks for arrival due to the 3rd function for the grapple - FEL. It is being built I was told in GA? Either way I am excited.

On another note: I did purchase the pull behind but went with an MX8. I wanted to make sure and certain that I could get around locations and take it on the street around the corner if need be. I was going to get a grapple from them but it seems small at only 62 in wide. I am ready to start mowing and hope it does a decent job doing so. I have a 997 that I use now on 10 acres but I'll be doing about 50 acres give or take a few with the MX8. I could have purchased the MX10 and still can but man that thing is huge!

/ Just Purchase My First John Deere Tractor! #17  
congrats sounds like you have a good one,have fun.

/ Just Purchase My First John Deere Tractor! #18  
Hey Lutt, thanks so much for the feedback. I am waiting for the 5085 cab to arrive. Said it will take about 2-3 weeks for arrival due to the 3rd function for the grapple - FEL. It is being built I was told in GA? Either way I am excited. On another note: I did purchase the pull behind but went with an MX8. I wanted to make sure and certain that I could get around locations and take it on the street around the corner if need be. I was going to get a grapple from them but it seems small at only 62 in wide. I am ready to start mowing and hope it does a decent job doing so. I have a 997 that I use now on 10 acres but I'll be doing about 50 acres give or take a few with the MX8. I could have purchased the MX10 and still can but man that thing is huge!
A friend of mine had the frontier grapple on his, couldn't remember the width. I used it a few times logging a ditch bank for him, I would dig the trees out with the excavator, cut off the root wad and limb the log, he had a manual thumb on the excavator, then bring the logs out with the grapple. Worked good and good quality as expected from Deere, also I cleaned up behind myself with it. Your gonna enjoy that cab bush hogging. Also your welcome! LUTT

UPDATE:

John Deere tractor 5085E Cab is at the dealer. Waiting on the 3rd function to be installed once the FEL arrives. It was special ordered considering they no longer make the standard FEL with the 3rd function. I can't remember the name of the FEL. It's made by John Deere but it's not the standard. Anyone know which one it is?

Also the stereo was installed too with blue tooth, xm radio the works! And the Air Ride is installed. It's just a button after looking at it that airs up the seat. I am excited as get out too! Can't wait. Also the MX8 pull behind came in as well. I had them put the Aircraft tires on it instead of the super hard ones, to help with the terrain and not damaging the land as much.

It does have 1 small mirror inside. Should I order the telescopic mirrors or what is everyones thoughts on this? I can't even sleep now! :) Oh and my wife made me have them install a buddy seat. lol We have a little one on the way and gonna strap him in young! :)

@Poopdeck ... It has the standard functions that come with the 5085E Cab other than I had them install a third function for the grapple. To control the MX8 pull behind (cutting length) you have pins more or less that have to be removed for lower or higher cutting, if I am not mistaken. This is my first real large tractor and I have a lot to learn.