Just purchased a 1963 Massey Ferguson 202 with...

/ Just purchased a 1963 Massey Ferguson 202 with... #11  
I just purchased a model 204 with Revers-O-Matic. I have not yet seen the backhoe because it is stored elsewhere (resurrecting that is sure to be an adventure). Loader is model 102. Serial number seems to indicate my tractor is a 1959 model. The learning curve begins.

Post up some pics when you get a chance. We love pictures!

/ Just purchased a 1963 Massey Ferguson 202 with...
I pulled the gas tank, installed a new sediment bowl assembly , installed the tank. But I neglected to copy where the 2 sending unit wires on the tank attach to the tractor. Anyone know?
Frank

And I want to mention it is a 12 volt positive ground.
Frank

/ Just purchased a 1963 Massey Ferguson 202 with... #14  
And I want to mention it is a 12 volt positive ground. Frank

Fuel level sender on mine was busted when I got mine, can't help ya there.

You sure it's positive ground? Especially being a '63. Mine is 12v negative ground and so is my cousins '58 202.

Positive ground unless someone installed the battery wrong............. The positive terminal cable is attached to the tractor frame and the negative terminal cable is attached to the solenoid.
Frank

Tomorrow I will look at the ignition coil to see wether the positive wire or negative wire goes to the distributor. Which ever one does, that痴 also the battery ground.
Frank

I have solved why I did not see any pictures. My iPhone will not allow this. So I went on my laptop, which I have not used in a year or 2 and bingo w there they are. I will post pictures of my machine later.
Frank

I have solved why I did not see any pictures. My iPhone will not allow this. So I went on my laptop, which I have not used in a year or 2 and bingo w there they are. I will post pictures of my machine later.
Frank

here it is

Attachments

• image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 444
On the ignition coil the wire from the negative post goes to the distributor. From most of what I have read on the Internet ... this means the tractor is a negative ground.
Whereas mine had the cable from the positive post of the battery attached to the ground making it a positive ground.
Now I do not know what is correct ....... wether it is a positive or negative ground.
Frank

Does anyone have a wiring giagram for a 1963 Massey Ferguson 202 with a gas engine ?
Frank