KB2375 assist

/ KB2375 assist #91  
Holy criminy... just saw the photos of your cesspool. I get a kick out of poo and have never seen a cesspool constructed. Did they use a big auger or....

/ KB2375 assist #92  
This thread got long and way off. So David / sodamo did you ever get your backhoe fixed ? and what was the problem ? I went through the 10 pages of postings but must have missed it.

aloha
joe /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ KB2375 assist #93  
OMG! Sodamo, I just checked out your link. You could have your own PBS show with this project. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Very interesting construction and I can see that Kioti earning its keep. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Being in that hole without a trench box looked awful dangerous though. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I hope you post more pictues. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif -Steve

/ KB2375 assist
Highbeam
No auger, just George on his TLB. The guy is an artist. Cesspool is 15 plus feet deep and a more perfect circle than I can draw with a pencil - never moved the TLB except forward and back. When it was inspected, the guys tried to hire him to do his work, said he'd never seen one so neat. Word is he could pick you nose with his hoe and you'd never feel it. George is 71 years young, still working 7 days a week. Charges me $65/hr for machine work. When he sees my "work" just smiles and says encouragingly - "more practice, David".

David

/ KB2375 assist
Aloha Joe

Yep, you musta missed my post of 03/04. It was indeed me not getting the diverter valve properly turned.
I appreciate the turn the thread took as it is related and I'm looking forward to implementing the improvement.

Hope you are having better weather than we are. I have a 20'X20' hole 4-7' deep to dig for my catchment tanks, but it is just mud right now. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

David

/ KB2375 assist
Thanks Steve

This project is pretty much our life right now - and it's awesome. Interesting observation re the trench box. I guess it's the nature of the soil here, under the clay type layer starts volcanic rock and it's like locked together. Some of the "walls" along side the roads are just like it. From the several holes I've seen in area, apparently very stable, but I wouldn't go down there if raining (neither do they). We got a severe storm the day after the dig, we actually had standing water, but the hole was dry - completely drained.

My CK30 is my second best helper and never expresses a contrasting opinion as my best helper might - but then that's part of what I love about her - she keeps me thinking.

If you bookmark the web site, I do update it, but only mention here when tractor related.

David

/ KB2375 assist #97  
OK, I understand now. The loader valve diverter disables the 3-pt hydraulics. That's good to know. It is also NOT the case for the Kubota loader valves I have plumbed for b/hs. When I install this kind of hydraulic circuit for a b/h, I like to use one female and one male QA coupler not just so I can connect them together, but also so the b/h or other implement can not be installed backwards.

/ KB2375 assist #98  
Remote is on the way /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Carly (one of Rick's better looking delivery folks) e-mailed the instructions yesterday.
After noticing the 1 million pieces that come with this thing, I thought about it, and proceeded to call Rick.
After many, many assurances that it wasn't as bad as it looked, I went ahead and ordered it.
Should be here Wed or Thur.
As it looks like it might be a bit chilly this weekend, I'm gonna give it a shot.
Tom

/ KB2375 assist #100  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Cool. Please run a thread with pics. )</font>

Let me echo Highbeam here. I am still in need of some education on this subject so any contribution to that end would be much appreciated.
Steve