Keep ripping tubes

/ Keep ripping tubes #1  

wango tango

Silver Member
I have a 1969 Oliver 1650 that I recently had brand new tires and tubes installed on. We also loaded the rear tires with calcium.

This was done late last year. Early this year one of the rear tubes evidently ripped somehow, because it started leaking fluid all over. The company that installed them came out and replaced the tube, cost me 300 bucks. When lo and behold the other side is now ripped. I have not used the tractor at all since the first one ripped. What could be causing this? This is getting expensive and something is telling me that there is something to this and not just bad luck. They explained I could’ve ran over something that ripped the valve stem but it looked fine. I only use in green fields too. The other curious thing is that it sat for two weeks on my trailer with no problems and just started leaking. Now the other side did same thing. No use, randomly ripped/leaked.

Thoughts? I have one but would like to hear opinions and others experiences.

/ Keep ripping tubes #3  
I have a 1969 Oliver 1650 that I recently had brand new tires and tubes installed on. We also loaded the rear tires with calcium.

This was done late last year. Early this year one of the rear tubes evidently ripped somehow, because it started leaking fluid all over. The company that installed them came out and replaced the tube, cost me 300 bucks. When lo and behold the other side is now ripped. I have not used the tractor at all since the first one ripped. What could be causing this? This is getting expensive and something is telling me that there is something to this and not just bad luck. They explained I could’ve ran over something that ripped the valve stem but it looked fine. I only use in green fields too. The other curious thing is that it sat for two weeks on my trailer with no problems and just started leaking. Now the other side did same thing. No use, randomly ripped/leaked.

Thoughts? I have one but would like to hear opinions and others experiences.
The tubes may have been damaged during installation. This should not be happening. You need to have a long talk with the folks who installed your tires, tubes and CaCl.

/ Keep ripping tubes
The tubes may have been damaged during installation. This should not be happening. You need to have a long talk with the folks who installed your tires, tubes and CaCl.

That was my opinion as well. Sucks.

/ Keep ripping tubes #5  
How heavy a load are you attempting to pull with the new tires? I wonder if tire beads are slipping on the rims.

/ Keep ripping tubes #6  
Does he have rim liners? Tubes won't last without those.

/ Keep ripping tubes #7  
How heavy a load are you attempting to pull with the new tires? I wonder if tire beads are slipping on the rims.
Valve stem is fine. If the tiremoves it will tear stem.

/ Keep ripping tubes #8  
They are not getting all the air between the tire carcass and the tube out,
or else the tube is getting twisted and wrinkled during the install.
I always inflate the tube before I set the outside bead on the rim
so I can verify that the tube is sitting properly and not wrinkled or twisted.

/ Keep ripping tubes

Not much. Great Plains 3p606nt. Small 6’ no till drill.