Keep ripping tubes

/ Keep ripping tubes #31  
With some negative consequences.

/ Keep ripping tubes #32  
Foaming the tires would be a solution.
The OP is looking for weight. Your solution does not have that. He is not looking to solve a problematic leakage.

/ Keep ripping tubes #33  
The foams that give appropriate carrying capability are very heavy. No adjustability tho after its done.

/ Keep ripping tubes #34  
A foamed tire may have weight but it will not pull as much as an iron ballasted or liquid ballasted tractor.
The foam filled tires do not have the long foot print that a properly pressured tire does.
And the ride is terrible if not on a smooth concrete surface.

/ Keep ripping tubes #35  
A foamed tire may have weight but it will not pull as much as an iron ballasted or liquid ballasted tractor.
The foam filled tires do not have the long foot print that a properly pressured tire does.
And the ride is terrible if not on a smooth concrete surface.
All valid points I believe.

Main advantage for me of foam filled tires is absolute puncture resistance and heavy weight. Yes, a hole can get punched into the tire, but you never notice it…no flats.

Weight wise I have read foam tires are the heaviest of all because of the 100% fill factor. I assume this is true.

/ Keep ripping tubes
The tire company came out to my house today to fix the tire and to talk about what was going on. The valve stems have been corroded by the calcium chloride. They were installed June 1 of 2020. Unbelievable to me. I’m going to get some amount of money back, I hope, this Monday when the manager returns from vacation. Unacceptable that I would have to pay for something that clearly is not working and they should know better.

Has anyone else had issues with calcium chloride corroding valvestems enough that they leak in a little over a year?

/ Keep ripping tubes #37  
Should have stainless steel valve cores (standard ones are nickel plated).

/ Keep ripping tubes #38  
I've owned tractors that had calcium in the tubes with regular old brass valve stems for 30-40 years. Given enough time they can eventually corrode enough to break off, usually when the tire truck is trying to pump the calcium off to change them.
Failing in a year is certainly not to be expected.

/ Keep ripping tubes #39  
Tire spin, not your issue as you stayed you haven't used it and yet Side #2 went flat. Unless the installer has never done this before, he should have brought to your attention a bad, rust, sharp rim IF that was the case. Although I cannot believe a business would use bad quality tubes for fear that they would get tons of call-backs. Bit, I'm leaning toward bad tubes.

/ Keep ripping tubes #40  
I agree the Chinese tube are poor quality make sure the tube isn't twisted on instillation & inflated correctly low pressure can cause the tire to slip on the rim & tare the tube