keltec 380t

/ keltec 380t
I won't carry any gun c&l unless it's a sig with a decocker... everything else has nothing in the tube till after it's pulled.. thus.. I like to carry my sig as much as possible.. the ultimate point and click interface.. no need to rack a slide or thumb off a safety in an emergency...

soundguy

Glad to hear your incident free range report soundguy, that's what you need to have confidence in what you carry.

No, the 238 doesn't have a decocker and it is only SA, I was thinking manual decock but that probably wouldn't be the best way to carry it.
The safety is not gonna trip to fire to easily, I felt them in the store they're pretty firm, but I still don't want to carry C& L in my pocket, definitely prefer DA now.

Watch those video reviews from Nutnfancy they're pretty good and he shows all the comparables.

I researched all the major players in the .380 market pretty thoroughly the past couple of weeks, though I guess it didn't help me make the best choice :Mad: spending 2X what the others cost and have such problems.

I composed a letter to Kahr today, I laid it on pretty thick and heavy about how disappointed I was with my new .380 and how maybe I should of bought a KT or Ruger.
Not sure what I want from them, get a perfectly functioning .380 back, get a refund, maybe send me a PM9 instead.

One thing I know for sure I still want a pocket pistol that I can count on.

/ keltec 380t
might also add that the only failure I've ever had on my p230 was a failure to fully extract once.. it was a rem/umc case that split and extracted about half way and stuck.. I used a dowel rod down the barrell and it came out with no mor ethan hand pressure.. brass was cracked... got a free box of ammo from umc out of that complaint letter and the case i mailed back to them...

soundguy

/ keltec 380t #33  
I won't carry any gun c&l unless it's a sig with a decocker... everything else has nothing in the tube till after it's pulled.. thus.. I like to carry my sig as much as possible.. the ultimate point and click interface.. no need to rack a slide or thumb off a safety in an emergency...

soundguy

The ultimate carry gun for me, would be for Sig to spend some time on the P232 and make it smaller and lighter so it could fit in a pants front pocket. I think they would hit a homerun in competing with the Kahr, Keltec and ruger mini 380's.

Leave the controls exactly the same DA/SA, decocker and heal clip mag release. For double tapping, I really like a DA/SA trigger.

/ keltec 380t
they could sure par down the hand grips a bit.. they are rather large.

it's actually a light gun for it's size.. i think they did that to control muzzle rise on shots.. still.. it's one of my favorite guns.

soundguy

/ keltec 380t #35  
The ultimate carry gun for me, would be for Sig to spend some time on the P232 and make it smaller and lighter so it could fit in a pants front pocket. I think they would hit a homerun in competing with the Kahr, Keltec and ruger mini 380's.

Leave the controls exactly the same DA/SA, decocker and heal clip mag release. For double tapping, I really like a DA/SA trigger.

I think the problem is there is just no room for all those features in a smaller package. You should see the minuscule parts in the Kahr, the spring that keeps that slide stop down is about as thick as a hair, (which may of been the main cause of the feed problem) tiny little Torx head screws that I've seen larger in a wrist watch.

The Walther that I said I didn't like had all the features you want, decocker, DA on the first pull from decocked, SA after that, time tested reliable etc. but it's a bit to large and all steel heavy to carry in your front pants pocket. So my thinking is if I'm gonna holster a heavy 6 rd .380, might as well carry a baby Glock with twice the capacity and higher cal. same weight.

/ keltec 380t
Then you get back to the too big to carry comfirtably argument.. and then.. not carrying.

The p3at, so far as i can tell from hitting gun shows nearly every weekend now, is the smallest frame 380 you can get that carries 6 or 6+1 shots.. that happens to pretty much make it one of the easiest to conceal too.

soundguy

/ keltec 380t #37  
Well I may come back to look at KT, right now my hands are tied. They will receive the gun tomorrow, I want to see what they say.
When I first looked at KT and Ruger I thought they were almost to small/light, like I'd break it if I sat on one in my back pocket. The Kahr definitely felt a tad more substantial.

I wont look back at the exorbitant Price tag with much regret if they get it running right, if not then it's a lose/lose.

/ keltec 380t
I sit on my keltec every time I go out into a place that allows CC, and is not prohibited.. It is in a sqaured off wallet ( nfa legal) wallet holster... neary a problem after 3ys on the p32..and non thus far on the p3at.

soundguy