keltec 380t

/ keltec 380t
Have you seen the Keltec 9mm it is the smallest 9mm that I have ever seen if I were going to get another carry pistol thats the one I would get. You all would laugh if you knew what I carry for a concealed weapon. I a NAA Mini Revolver in 22Mag. 5 shot. I know if I left the house and knew that I was going to have to defend myself I would take a bigger weapon but I can the carry the NAA and you don't know its there or should I say its not a burden.

my wife has one of those.. she uses it for her super discreet carry. normally she has a taurus 85/bobbed hammer in .38 with +P's.

While I agree the naa/22mag ain't alot of firepower.. it's usually hard to get volunteers to 'take the first one' once -ANY- gun comes out.. thus I'd rather have the .22 with me vs mano-mano with a street thug.

She has the grip set that the gun folds up into the extended black rubber grip.. gives you something to actually hold on to.

soundguy

/ keltec 380t #12  
One thing about concealed carry is that something that you have on you ALL the time is better than something only occasionally, so the one firearm that I at least ALWAYS have on me is my trusty ole Baby Browning .25 ACP:

Baby%20Browning2.jpgEMAIL.jpg

One up from there is the SIG 232 .380 ACP, then the Browning Hi-Power 9mm, then the SIG P-229 .357 SIG, then the SIG P-226.

Last edited:
   / keltec 380t
I totally agree with what you and gsganzer are saying. Any gun is better than none. Me and my buddy use to carry little Beretta .25's with the tip up barrels, I still have mine. we were skinny kids and couldn't conceal much more than that when wearing nothing but cut off jeans and a t-shirt or no shirt..

I used to carry that 25 as well.. stopped when I got the p230. as far as stopping power goes.. .25acp is on the bottom of the list.. I'd rather have .22lr any day... plus even that tip up gun is wide inthe grip.. and not extremely easy to carry.

I can't find any gun that's comfortable to carry, that's been my dilemma all my life and like you said if your not comfy you'll leave it home or in the glove box etc..

yep.. if it's hard to carry.. you won't carry it.. that's why I'm choosing certain guns.. first.. it has to be easy to carry.. plus I have to have a cary rig I can access without alot of hassle.. there are actually a couple small 9's I like.. but the regular for fit carry and paddle rigs for them are not convienient for me or my mode of dress.. down her ein florida.. we only get the luxory of wearing a coat for about a month.. and my work requires me to wear tucked in shirts.. etc. a carry gun that takes me more than 2 moves to get to won't likely save my life if the atacker is close.. that's why ilike that pocked gun in a wallet holster.. even if only .380.. I used good ammo and have 6 shots available... that has to count for something in a knife fight..

The biggest draw back for me not carrying is having young kids, now young teenagers, "why does daddy have a gun" to much of a hassle with other kids parents or the in-laws..

see.. now there's the first rule of concealed carry... it's got to be concealed. A gun or rig that 'prints' just ain't concealed good, and will draw attention.. like from kids and parents.

I carry -everywhere- that's legal to carry... only my friends know that I'm carrying.. and that's because they *KNOW* I'm carrying.. not because I'm printing. that's another reason I chose that small sig .380.. or the keltec's in .32.. now upgraded to.380.

The gun I'm most likely to reach for when I want to carry is ..

The one I want is the one I'm familiar with.. have hours on it, and can relaod, or unjamb.. etc.. etc.. or handle it well without thinking about it.. that's why i don't swap around carry guns alot.. I keep the 2 I know.. my thumb knows where any levers are.. and mag release.. and my finger knows the slide and bbl profile while I keep it out of the trigger guard till ready to send copper downrange.

Never owned a Sig, I know they have a faithful following though. ..

I like mine for many reasons.. safety as a #1 though. when I first got it.. I had a non form fitting holster.. I had chambered a round then used the decock and while trying to get it into the holster it tumbled out, and hit the floor.. it was all in slow motion.. I though.. wow.. first time I've ever dropped a gun.. and this ones loaded, and chambered... then nothing happened.. as the sigs are REAL safe once decocked.. after that I got a form fit paddle holster for it that holds it securely without a top strap.. never had an issue after that.

soundguy

/ keltec 380t #14  
Well I come back to this thread with my tail between my legs,

After considering some of the wisdom shared in this thread I decided I needed a pocket pistol. And even after ridiculing the .380 caliber, ended up buying another one.

I haven't bought a gun in several years and haven't really kept up with things, I can't believe those featherlight revolvers now, Ruger even has a polymer frame .38spl.

I already had a PPK but never liked it as a pocket gun.
So I started comparing the .380 poly options. Kel Tec 3AT, Ruger LCP, Kahr P380 and Taurus .380, I picked the Kahr.

All got excellent reviews but the Kahr felt best to me, didn't care about price cause I had enough credit from 2 guns I traded in.
So I traded 2 safe guns for 1 gun that hopefully I'll carry more often.

Thanks for helping me see the "lite"

/ keltec 380t #15  
For a small concealed carry I use the Ruger LCP .380 cal. My wife and I both used to own KelTec .380's and noticed periodic trouble feeding rounds into the chamber. We changed brands of ammo and still no luck. Our local gunsmith was going to charge a small fortune to work them over so I opted for the Ruger. It is identical in size but much more reliable, which is very important in a life or death situation. My wife now carries a Beretta .32 cal Tomcat. So far it has been very reliable also.
For a slightly larger carry weapon I bought a Kahr PM40. It was feeding ammo in-consistantly, so I sent it back to the factory to be looked at. They lost the gun so they refunded my money. I bought a Springfield Ultra Compact 1911 .45 cal and couldn't be happier. I have put thousands of rounds through it with no issues.
My advice on any concealed carry gun is to put a least a few hundred rounds through it before you trust your life to it.

/ keltec 380t #16  
My advice on any concealed carry gun is to put a least a few hundred rounds through it before you trust your life to it.

Kahr requires 200 rounds thru their poly guns to be considered ready to carry, according to their own break in procedures. so that adds another ~$100. to the total.

I saw those PM's, they say the .40 has a little to much recoil for such a small gun, the 9mm might be OK, they sure look and feel very nice.

It's a mad rush for these .380's as I've been learning, they're definitely the hottest items in the gun shops, good luck finding ammo.
Living in the "Gun-belt" we have it around here but it is scarce, usually 1 box per customer, per visit.

/ keltec 380t
Must haqve been a bad feed ramp on that 3AT.. mine feeds fine with hydrashock hollow point, or FMJ.. same with the p32.

and yes.. .380 ammo is scarce right now.

I ordered a spare clip for the 3AT and picked up an 11 round extended mag for the p32, adds another 1.5" to the grip and looks the same as the oem grip.. actually makes a real comfortable gun out of the p32.. though ruins it for CC with the extra grip.. still if ya need the firepower, make that your spare clip.. etc.

soundguy

/ keltec 380t #18  
Do you carry that sig in a holster on your belt? If so, for me, if I'm gonna wear a holster I'd want a larger cal and maybe higher cap gun.
I know, back to this again, but...

Anyway, when I asked the owner/gunsmith at the shop, which one out of the four .380's I was considering would he choose for a carry pocket gun, he said neither of them, he would rather have the Kel-Tec .32, he said that's the one that's been most tried and proven.

Just going thru some boxs of ammo and I found 2 boxes of .32 auto, had to think for a minute why I had that cal. Then I remembered the ancient little, turn of the century designed Mauser pistol an old timer gave me. I did shoot it awhile ago and it functioned flawlessly, can't believe how tight it is for 100+ year old pistol.

/ keltec 380t
I have an inside the waistband paddle style form fit holster for the sig. it's quite comfortable, though you need a jacket or untucked shirt to conceal it.. that's why i like the p32 and p3at pocket guns..

soundguy

Do you carry that sig in a holster on your belt? If so, for me, if I'm gonna wear a holster I'd want a larger cal and maybe higher cap gun.
I know, back to this again, but...

Anyway, when I asked the owner/gunsmith at the shop, which one out of the four .380's I was considering would he choose for a carry pocket gun, he said neither of them, he would rather have the Kel-Tec .32, he said that's the one that's been most tried and proven.

Just going thru some boxs of ammo and I found 2 boxes of .32 auto, had to think for a minute why I had that cal. Then I remembered the ancient little, turn of the century designed Mauser pistol an old timer gave me. I did shoot it awhile ago and it functioned flawlessly, can't believe how tight it is for 100+ year old pistol.

/ keltec 380t #20  
I picked the Kahr.

JB,
How did the Kahr compare size wise to the Keltec? The Kahr site makes it look like it's the smallest of all the mini-380's.

Post a review once you shoot it a bit.