Keys locked in car

/ Keys locked in car #11  
Buy an older car:laughing:

/ Keys locked in car #13  
Go into the house and get the spare entrance key you had made when you bought the car.... ;)

Take the spare entrance key you had made when you bought the car out of your wallet and use that.... ;)

Reach under the left rear wheel well and find the magnetic keybox stuck to the frame. In it, you'll find the spare entrance key you had made when you bought the car.... ;)

I say this all in jest, of course. However, I tend to get an extra entrance key made for every vehicle we've ever owned and keep it in our house. I have a key on my keychain. My wife has a key on her keychain. I usually have a spare entrance key in my wallet. Someone's got a key somewhere! :laughing:

Glad you got it open. :thumbsup:

/ Keys locked in car #14  
I love the keypad on the doors on our Fords. Has saved us several times!

We do keep a spare key in the house, though. Glad you got it open!

/ Keys locked in car #15  
I used to break into cars for a living (legal). Large parking garages.
I was going to offer advice but unfortunately the newer Subarus were the only cars I couldn't crack with ease.

Your only realistic options are a dealership or a locksmith.
Can't hurt to try other ways though.

EDIT: Just saw you got it. Good job. Those things put up a real fight.

Only car I ever gave up on was a 2006 Subaru Baja. **** thing was like a rolling bank safe.

Last edited:
   / Keys locked in car #16  
I had problems locking keys in cars. AAA is a good thing to have for that problem!

AAA is the best "insurance" I have for vehicles. For me, worth its weight in gold.

MoKelly

/ Keys locked in car #18  
Slim jims are obsolete.
Today it is air wedges and plastic wedges to get the inflatable bags started .... then a long rod to hit the button or pull on the handle. A kit is about $90. today.

/ Keys locked in car #19  
Checked on getting a spare keyless entry "key" (transmitter) for our new 2015 Subaru Forester. About $300.

:eek:

- Jay