Kill Switch?

/ Kill Switch? #11  
What Quicksand said. Did you mash on the clutch pedal during the sudden stop? If the clutch safety switch was not mechanically rigged correctly(screwed into it's bracket too far), you may have actually damaged the switch when stomping on the pedal. I have seen this type switch with the back side of the switch body blown off/broken from misadjustment.

At any rate, this switch must make contact to allow energy from the key switch to reach and activate the starter solenoid and starter motor. If the back of the switch/wires are disconnected from the switch, you can reconnect them, or if that is not possible, you can connect the wires together to complete the starter circuit and allow you to crank the engine and get the tractor someplace more comfortable to work on...

/ Kill Switch? #12  
Yep, my guess would be the start safety switch on the clutch pedal has been broken or knocked out of adjustment.. You can bypass it with a paper clip or short piece of wire between the two wires and if the wiring itself is okay the tractor should start. If you can short the solenoid on the starter with a screwdriver and get it to start, then the mechanical stuff is okay. Short from the solenoid terminal to the battery terminal and it should turn over - be sure it is in neutral, of course.

/ Kill Switch? #13  
Guys re read what I said (when you depress the clutch the switch actually closes the contacts) that allows current to flow. A normally open switch is a switch with open contacts until it is actuated-by depressing the clutch you close the switch. OOps your right the switch on these chinese tractors are normally closed, unless like a car you have to fully depress the clutch which closes the contacts that would also be safer. Anyway I hope the switch is the problem.

/ Kill Switch?
OK, there are two switches. One to the break pedal and one to the clutch. The brake one opens when pressed and the clutch one closes when pressed. Wires ok on both.

/ Kill Switch?
I crossed the the Solenoid posts with a screw driver and after a few times it started. It's in the barn. So, it wont start again is it the solenoid or the started?

/ Kill Switch? #16  
OK, there are two switches. One to the break pedal and one to the clutch. The brake one opens when pressed and the clutch one closes when pressed. Wires ok on both.

Brake switch is for brake lights, clutch switch is safety interlock. On my tractor they're both the same switch, but it seems Chinese tractors are built with whatever parts they had lying around on the day they built them so you never know.

/ Kill Switch? #17  
I crossed the the Solenoid posts with a screw driver and after a few times it started. It's in the barn. So, it wont start again is it the solenoid or the started?

That's really good news.

When you say it won't start, do you mean it won't start with the key, or won't start with the screwdriver across the solenoid?

If it won't start with the key but will with the screwdriver, you have to trace the path of the electricity from battery to solenoid to ground and see where it's missing. You need a helper and a test lamp or voltmeter. The path is from battery to fuse box to key switch to clutch switch to solenoid to ground (that order may not be quite right). With a helper turning the key you need to check if you have voltage at the solenoid. If so, there's a problem with the solenoid. If not, trace backwards until you get voltage.

Check the fuse. Even if it's not burned out, sometimes they get loose and taking them out and putting them back again improves the connection.

/ Kill Switch? #18  
what others have said, you may have started it with the key OFF when you jumped it and turned on lights etc killing the battery or maybe left the key turned ON after getting it back inside. (dont ask how I know that one)

clutch safety switch lets the Key Switch power/current flow thru it to the starter relay/solenoid. that pulls in and power flows thru it to the starter motor.

Some other things to check are battery terminals all tight, and the block grounds still tight. check for the main fuses are they all OK and that you have power to the key.

Mark

/ Kill Switch?
You have been so much help. Yep it started with the screw driver but not the key. It has a bunch of relays like 4-5. Foton owners manuals are terrible so I have little in the way of mapping. All the fuses on it are for the lights and one for the fuel heater. When you say voltage at the solenoid... I don't understand? When I crossed the poles on it, sparked and allowed the starter to run with the key so there must be power to it?
Thank you for your, and others help too. I'm close to getting it.

/ Kill Switch?
Thanks Spiker. Nope, when we crossed the solenoid poles it sparked and as I was crossing them my son depressed the clutch and brake pedals which works those switches then he turned the key. It took a few times for the starter to catch (Sounded like the starter on my 1979 dodge ram)then it started. After I shut her down in the barn, I tried starting it as normal and no go. All lights work but no starter?