King Kutter vs Chinese Tillers

/ King Kutter vs Chinese Tillers #21  
Those clearly look like typical Chinese workers to me. Thanks for clearing that up. Too bad nothing is made in the US anymore. ;)

BTW, manufacturing is starting to come back thanks to the lower value of the dollar. I work for a machine tool manufacturer and am seeing many companies buying new equipment to move production back here from China and especially Japan. I hope it keeps up.

/ King Kutter vs Chinese Tillers #22  
I would have just asked point blank to a manager at agrisupply where are the King Kutter tillers manufactured.

Al

/ King Kutter vs Chinese Tillers #23  
A King Kutter II TG-60 Tiller weights 690 lbs, my question would be is all 690 lbs of that tiller manufactured and assembled in the USA?

I will be buying a TG-60 in 1-2 weeks based on everything I have read about them but would still like to know the answer to that question.

/ King Kutter vs Chinese Tillers #24  
A King Kutter II TG-60 Tiller weights 690 lbs, my question would be is all 690 lbs of that tiller manufactured and assembled in the USA?

I will be buying a TG-60 in 1-2 weeks based on everything I have read about them but would still like to know the answer to that question.
From the 'personal experience' I have with my BIL's KKII 72" tiller.........I would say to slip the clutch before every use(as per the manual), and not worry about anything else.

/ King Kutter vs Chinese Tillers #25  
My KK manual dont say to slip clutch!!!---strange that yours would!LOL!!! **** I just slap ole 706 pto in and mash the gas and drop the 3-pt as deep as the thing will go and till!---been doing this for 6 years and tiller works excellent! thanks; sonny

/ King Kutter vs Chinese Tillers #26  
My KK manual dont say to slip clutch!!!---strange that yours would!LOL!!! **** I just slap ole 706 pto in and mash the gas and drop the 3-pt as deep as the thing will go and till!---been doing this for 6 years and tiller works excellent! thanks; sonny

If your tiller has a 'slip-clutch' on it, it should be in the manual.

Slip clutches can 'freeze up' allowing possible damage to the driveline and/or gearbox.

/ King Kutter vs Chinese Tillers #27  
I really like my KK2 72" it just happens to have the black driveshaft that I understand came from china but it all works beautifully very happy with it.

The slip the clutch statement I have heard describes loosening the slip clutch bolts a couple turns and sinking the tiller to un-stick the clutch's by slipping them I haven't done it though.

I got a separate manual with my tiller just for the driveshaft fwtw and it definitely says it was made in china.

/ King Kutter vs Chinese Tillers #28  
I really like my KK2 72" it just happens to have the black driveshaft that I understand came from china but it all works beautifully very happy with it.

The slip the clutch statement I have heard describes loosening the slip clutch bolts a couple turns and sinking the tiller to un-stick the clutch's by slipping them I haven't done it though.

I got a separate manual with my tiller just for the driveshaft fwtw and it definitely says it was made in china.
If your in 'known ground' that's been tilled before, you should be ok. But it only takes a few minutes to slip the clutch to be sure it isn't frozen............sure beats several hundred dollars in repairs.

As far as your driveshaft, I'm betting they took yours off for another customer for some reason and substituted the chinese one on yours.

/ King Kutter vs Chinese Tillers #29  
If your in 'known ground' that's been tilled before, you should be ok. But it only takes a few minutes to slip the clutch to be sure it isn't frozen............sure beats several hundred dollars in repairs.

As far as your driveshaft, I'm betting they took yours off for another customer for some reason and substituted the chinese one on yours.

Its possible something happened before my dealer got it? However it was all tied together and wired on the tiller and still in the crate when I bought it at Orschlens they put it together at that point.

There was a KK sales rep on here awhile back that told me there was a few black made in china driveshafts that made it out the door but it wasn't the norm. He didn't think the quality was bad on them either same as whatever they usually ship with.

fwtw but it works great no complaints at all fact it had a tine shaft leak at the gearbox for about the first year since new and its quit now (yes its full :) ) it would seep just a bit while it was working and quit while sitting, so I am glad about that too I can enjoy using it w/o working on it, probably just some paint on the shaft had to wear off so the seal could work.

/ King Kutter vs Chinese Tillers
Thanks for those pictures of the factory. I'll forward them to my friend who bought the Chinese tiller and I'll keep you posted on how well it works.