Buying Advice Kioti CK2610SE HST Cab?

/ Kioti CK2610SE HST Cab? #1  

Rich_Z

Silver Member
Tractor
TYM T474HC
Been looking hard at this model, and so far the only thing that really gives me pause is the fact that the "bumper to bumper" warranty is only 2 years. Should that be a concern? Or am I just nit picking?

Anyone know of or heard of problems I should have in mind while considering this tractor? Or perhaps some high praise to put on the plus side of the chart?

/ Kioti CK2610SE HST Cab? #2  
Usually any issues are going to show up in the first few months if not immediately. 2 years bumper to bumper is about the industry standard. Then the "drive train warranty" can be from another 4 to 8 years, depending on the manufacturer.

I have had my LS for 4 1/2 years, 370 hours. It hasn't been back to the dealer. For that matter, nothing has needed repair because nothing has broken!

/ Kioti CK2610SE HST Cab? #3  
I think that is fairly standard for bumper to bumper warranty. That is what my Branson had.

/ Kioti CK2610SE HST Cab? #4  
I got a CK2620SE cab this summer, the CK2610SE will be a leftover but most of the changes are just cosmetic.
Just parked 2.jpg

/ Kioti CK2610SE HST Cab?
I got a CK2620SE cab this summer, the CK2610SE will be a leftover but most of the changes are just cosmetic.
View attachment 812934
Tell me more about your tractor! Actually been thinking about a backhoe, and the dealers I have talked to are offering the CK2620SE instead of the CK2610SE. So I am REALLY leaning in this direction. The closest dealer to me is about 1.5 hours away and is offering a lifetime drivetrain warranty. Price I am looking at (don't have exact details yet) is going to be more north of $40K than I like, however.

/ Kioti CK2610SE HST Cab? #6  
Is that with the backhoe? If not, you can get a lot more tractor for 40k.

/ Kioti CK2610SE HST Cab? #7  
If you are using PTO impliments; you are really stretching that 20 hp at the PTO, with an AC, and the added weight. Might be worth seeing what a 35hp version costs over the 25hp?

/ Kioti CK2610SE HST Cab? #8  
Tell me more about your tractor! Actually been thinking about a backhoe, and the dealers I have talked to are offering the CK2620SE instead of the CK2610SE. So I am REALLY leaning in this direction. The closest dealer to me is about 1.5 hours away and is offering a lifetime drivetrain warranty. Price I am looking at (don't have exact details yet) is going to be more north of $40K than I like, however.
Yes, it has the little backhoe on it and it was a bit north of 40. It was hard to spend that kind of money on a small tractor. One of mine was that my wife wanted something that she wouldn't be afraid to drive. Notice I said drive not operate, quite a big difference there. I honesty believe that my Branson 8050 with the power shuttle is very easy to operate, and the NH 8160 with the semi-power shift and left hand reverser is even easier to operate but the size of them intimidates her.
Last winter we got one storm that brought down a lot of trees into the driveway and a lot of heavy wet snow with it. I had to push and shove with the loader to get a path out and she got nervous thinking what she would do in a similar storm if I couldn't get out for some reason. So this is a concession for her, I would have preferred an older unit for less money.
It is a bit underpowered on steep grades with the AC on, but you can turn it off for a bit then back on. It does have an excellent AC system in it, good distribution and very cold. Then the electrically defrosted rear window will be nice.
One of my reasons for the CK2620 was the discussed ease of getting more Hp quite easily on the mechanically injected engine.

/ Kioti CK2610SE HST Cab? #9  
View attachment 812934
Tell us about getting in/out of cab, then up/down on backhoe. Is it as tiring as I imagine it to be?

/ Kioti CK2610SE HST Cab? #10  
The cab is surprisingly large for a small tractor and fairly easy to get in and out of.
I've only climbed up on the hoe a couple of times and it's not bad.
I'm getting up in years and am not the most agile, also being a large man, 5'10", 300# with a size 14 foot and I fit easily. Even with one knee replaced and the other one needing to be done some day.
There isn't a lot of clearance between the foot pedals with the brake and forward and reverse pedals all being on the right side.

I don't plan on a full day of using the backhoe for a long trench and having to switch back and forth repeatedly in a day,
would likely rent an excavator in that case, for convenience and comfort.