Buying Advice Kioti CK2610SE HST Cab?

/ Kioti CK2610SE HST Cab? #11  
I purchased a CK3520SE Cab this spring. I was planning on a CK2610/20. The 35 HP has handled the work I've done so far, without the AC impacting performance. I have not owned a 25 HP cab Kioti, so I cannot give a fair assessment of whether the addition of AC hurts 2610/20 performance.

The 2-years bumper-to bumper warranty, 6-years powertrain warranty did not strike me as unreasonable.

I agree with the "early fail" point above. You always have a chance of an early failure with any product (sometimes referred to as the "infant mortality" portion of a bathtub-shaped reliability curve). Some will have an early problem, many will not. I did -- a defective crank position sensor at 25 hrs. My research said these are reliable tractors, so my expectation is that I'm now into the keep-up-on-the-maintenance-and-run-it phase. Other than that hiccup, I am a fan of the unit -- solid performance, with a very good features-to-price ratio.

/ Kioti CK2610SE HST Cab?
If you are using PTO impliments; you are really stretching that 20 hp at the PTO, with an AC, and the added weight. Might be worth seeing what a 35hp version costs over the 25hp?

Well, I have reason to consider your suggestion. I was thinking about getting a backhoe with the tractor, but after watching a video showing the frame betting broken on one, and comments indicating this wasn't a unique event, I am changing gears. As such, the money I was going to spend on the backhoe could be applied to a CK20SE series tractor with more horsepower.

Anyone have pricing info comparing the CK2620SEH CAB with the CK3520SEH CAB and CK4020SEH CAB models? Those units are nearly identical except for the horsepower ratings.

/ Kioti CK2610SE HST Cab? #13  
Well, I have reason to consider your suggestion. I was thinking about getting a backhoe with the tractor, but after watching a video showing the frame betting broken on one, and comments indicating this wasn't a unique event, I am changing gears. As such, the money I was going to spend on the backhoe could be applied to a CK20SE series tractor with more horsepower.

Anyone have pricing info comparing the CK2620SEH CAB with the CK3520SEH CAB and CK4020SEH CAB models? Those units are nearly identical except for the horsepower ratings.
So, maybe I'm diffent then others; a tractor backhoe is expensive; +$5k; and not really a great tool for anything major. I would 'like' to have one; however; you could rent a mini hoe that is 5x more effective; for 5-8 weekends (not whole week) before you reach the break even point. If you see some major projects that need the hoe; wait till you have a solid 8+ hours of machine time; and have a JD-35 dropped off on a Friday evening, and scheduled for pick up on Monday morning.

You mistake my goals. :)

I don't NEED a tractor. I WANT a tractor. :) :)

Just as I wouldn't NEED a backhoe.............

I am 73 years old. Lived this long without either, so there is a real good chance I could live the rest of my life without them. But without going into a lot of detail, right now I NEED a distraction in my life.

/ Kioti CK2610SE HST Cab? #15  
You mistake my goals. :)

I don't NEED a tractor. I WANT a tractor. :) :)

Just as I wouldn't NEED a backhoe.............

I am 73 years old. Lived this long without either, so there is a real good chance I could live the rest of my life without them. But without going into a lot of detail, right now I NEED a distraction in my life.
Now we are talking! :ROFLMAO:

I have always been of the mindset to get the most HP available in the size frame I want. The price difference usually is minimal and you will have the power when you need it. So my suggestion is get the CK4020SEH with a cab and don’t look back. You will be glad you did.

/ Kioti CK2610SE HST Cab? #16  
In that case, the only question left about the back hoe, is, will you want to use other 3pt impliments? No matter how fast the dealer tells you it is to take off a back hoe to use the 3 point, it's still a bit of a pain, and you'll either leave the hoe on nearly 100% of the time; or take it off in a back corner of the barn, and leave it there for many months at a time.

Last edited:
   / Kioti CK2610SE HST Cab? #17  

I went and found a video of a Kioti with a broken sub frame, don't know if it was the same one that you watched or not.
In my opinion I'm not sure why the sub frame broke and it likely shouldn't have, but I don't see where it is that major of a deal it wasn't the tractors frame broke it was the sub frame for the backhoe and it wasn't that much of a deal to repair it.
I went back and forth with myself several times on getting the little backhoe or not as it is a major price jump getting that little thing. It does seem to come off and go back on reasonably. In my mind that is a shovel replacement to do minor digging and shoveling. When and if I need to do a lot of digging with a hoe I will rent one. I just finished a project that took some digging and setting of "mafia" blocks 2x2x6 concrete blocks I rented a Kubota KX-080 excavator which is an 18-20,000 pound machine it was $2000 for a week, smaller units were available for under $1000 per week. When I have a lot of digging to do I'll rent the appropriate sized machine again to do it efficiently or plan on taking quite awhile on my little one.
The difference in the 2620 with a backhoe and the 3520 without isn't much as I recall, I want to say the 3620 without the backhoe was just a bit less expensive then the 2620 with the hoe and then to step up to the 4020 wasn't that big of a step. From what I saw and read they are mostly the same tractor except for the engine, length, weight, and dimensions, and tire size are pretty much the same.

/ Kioti CK2610SE HST Cab? #18  
A small backhoe equipped with a thumb can do a lot of brush clearing. It has an advantage over a grapple in being able to dig out roots provided you dig in smaller bites. You cant just try to uproot a grown tree in one big bite.

I wouldnt want to have to take it on and off.

A grapple is better for picking up more material and transporting it somewhere else like a burn pile.

The difference in the 2620 with a backhoe and the 3520 without isn't much as I recall, I want to say the 3620 without the backhoe was just a bit less expensive then the 2620 with the hoe and then to step up to the 4020 wasn't that big of a step. From what I saw and read they are mostly the same tractor except for the engine, length, weight, and dimensions, and tire size are pretty much the same.
Well, a backhoe adds around $9,000 to the price of the 2620. Quite frankly, if adding just 10 horsepower would cost me that much money, with no other notable differences in the overall tractor myself, I would not be inclined to do that. I would feel like I was volunteering to be raped.

/ Kioti CK2610SE HST Cab? #20  
Make a list of things you actually want the tractor to do for you and then evaluate what will get it done. There's no point buying a backhoe if you aren't going to make enough use of it to justify the cost. It will just be in your way if you don't have a specific use for it.

Have you thought about posting some pictures of the areas you want to clean up? That would help everyone to better understand what you want to accomplish.