Buying Advice Kioti CK2610SE HST Cab?

/ Kioti CK2610SE HST Cab? #31  
FWIW, the 47 hp Tym T474cab with the shuttle shift transmission is retailing around $32,000 in Tennessee with the HST being about $1,000 more. Can't speak to Kioti prices nor can I say which is more reliable. I'm just offering a price point for comparison.

One Tennessee dealer told me that tractor sales have slowed. Sorta doubt many will be tractor shopping in the August heat.

After looking at your videos, I didn't see much open area that would need to be maintained with a rotary cutter. If you aren't doing a lot of cutting, you aren't plowing, and you aren't logging large trees, you may not need more than 25 hp.

One question I would ask is how much time you are going to spend with a chainsaw or pole saw versus how much time you will spend in the cab? When I'm clearing brush and small trees, I'd say the ratio is 80 or 90 percent on the ground versus 10-20 percent in the tractor seat. Is it worth it to you to have a cab?

One thing that merits consideration is that most cab tractors have their interior AC components mounted in the cab roof. It could get expensive if a limb goes through the cab roof or any of the cab windows.

If it weren't for the heat and humidity, I start to think that a smaller tractor without a cab would be more nimble in your woods than a larger one. I also think even the most nimble of tractors can't match something like a Power Trac for the ability to turn in tight spaces. You could maintain the PT yourself and it would be smaller to store.

Maybe your buddy would bring his tractor over for you to try on your trails or maybe he would let you drive it on his place? I think you could more easily decide what you want if you could do some test driving.

/ Kioti CK2610SE HST Cab?
FWIW, the 47 hp Tym T474cab with the shuttle shift transmission is retailing around $32,000 in Tennessee with the HST being about $1,000 more. Can't speak to Kioti prices nor can I say which is more reliable. I'm just offering a price point for comparison.

One Tennessee dealer told me that tractor sales have slowed. Sorta doubt many will be tractor shopping in the August heat.

After looking at your videos, I didn't see much open area that would need to be maintained with a rotary cutter. If you aren't doing a lot of cutting, you aren't plowing, and you aren't logging large trees, you may not need more than 25 hp.

One question I would ask is how much time you are going to spend with a chainsaw or pole saw versus how much time you will spend in the cab? When I'm clearing brush and small trees, I'd say the ratio is 80 or 90 percent on the ground versus 10-20 percent in the tractor seat. Is it worth it to you to have a cab?

One thing that merits consideration is that most cab tractors have their interior AC components mounted in the cab roof. It could get expensive if a limb goes through the cab roof or any of the cab windows.

If it weren't for the heat and humidity, I start to think that a smaller tractor without a cab would be more nimble in your woods than a larger one. I also think even the most nimble of tractors can't match something like a Power Trac for the ability to turn in tight spaces. You could maintain the PT yourself and it would be smaller to store.

Maybe your buddy would bring his tractor over for you to try on your trails or maybe he would let you drive it on his place? I think you could more easily decide what you want if you could do some test driving.

Interesting you should mention that TYM T474HC. My wife and I went out to look at tractors today. First went to the Kubota dealer, but honestly nothing there really caught my eye. None of the cabbed versions I looked at had the 3 point hitch controller on the back, which I just feel is a real good idea. Plus they were all in the mid to upper $40Ks. We then went to the TYM dealer, where I had first looked at the TYM T25 model, thinking that was what I wanted. TYM offers that model with a cab, but it is heat only, no AC. Which obviously is useless here in north Florida. There was a Branson model there, but just wasn't what I was looking for. They had a standard T474, and the more I looked at it the more I liked it. So I asked them to work up a price for me for the cabbed version and they came back with $32,700.

So it seems that this T474HC has a hat thrown into the ring. Not sure if that Kioti dealer is going to get back to me or not. I told him I thought the amount being charged for just that small horsepower increase, and nothing else, was a bit steep.

So we will see. That TYM dealer (which is really just a trailer seller selling these tractors as a sideline) is only about a 20 minute drive from me. The Kioti dealer an hour and a half. I wouldn't make a decision solely on that, but it certainly is on the comparison sheet. I guess at this point it will boil down to which dealer is most interested in making a sale. Having to chase down a salesman to give them my business has never set well with me.

/ Kioti CK2610SE HST Cab? #33  
I bought the 4010 for use with a front snowblower. I have added a box blade, landscape rake, and now a flail mower. With the exception of the rake, all the other implements could use more power on occasion, so I wouldn’t recomm the 2610 at all. The box blade is traction limited sometimes as well, so a heavier tractor, with a flat floor would be better for me.

I looked into getting a backhoe attachment, but with all the limitations and the cost involved, I took the plunge and bought a mini excavator. Best decision ever, in my opinion.