Tractor Sizing Kioti CK3510 CK4010 difference in HP - why?

/ Kioti CK3510 CK4010 difference in HP - why?
Thanks, Remotes on the list , so given it's just a tune to 40 HP, is it worth the upgrade, how noticeable in drawbar HP over CK3510?

/ Kioti CK3510 CK4010 difference in HP - why? #12  
My guess would be that the tractor with the most weight on the rear axle, for better traction, would win a pulling contest...not the 5 HP difference.

/ Kioti CK3510 CK4010 difference in HP - why? #13  
Thanks, Remotes on the list , so given it's just a tune to 40 HP, is it worth the upgrade, how noticeable in drawbar HP over CK3510?
It's not that one will pull more than the other weight wise, just faster. 5hp at the PTO is a 20% difference with these 2 tractors. Depending on what you are using, but using the same implement behind either one, the 40hp machine will sure handle that implement much easier than the 35HP unit.

Comes down to is the convenience and addition speed worth it to you.

Good luck with your decision. :thumbsup:

/ Kioti CK3510 CK4010 difference in HP - why? #14  
It's not that one will pull more than the other weight wise, just faster. 5hp at the PTO is a 20% difference with these 2 tractors. Depending on what you are using, but using the same implement behind either one, the 40hp machine will sure handle that implement much easier than the 35HP unit.

Comes down to is the convenience and addition speed worth it to you.

Good luck with your decision. :thumbsup:

Three other considerations:
1) extra cost (and what sort of implement you could buy with the money saved on the 35)
2) the only real difference for road travel will be ability to climb hills in high range
3) even with 5 extra hp PTO power you would still use six foot implements. Going to 40hp is not going to let you move up to 7 or 8ft bush hog for example. So, in extreme conditions the 40 will mow faster through heavy lush grass/brush but in typical conditions they would mow about the same speed as neither would be maxed out.

Do not make the mistake of thinking that 20% extra horsepower means all jobs get done 20% faster. Only a few PTO powered jobs will really benefit at all. Loader work will be identical.

/ Kioti CK3510 CK4010 difference in HP - why? #15  
Three other considerations:
1) extra cost (and what sort of implement you could buy with the money saved on the 35)
2) the only real difference for road travel will be ability to climb hills in high range
3) even with 5 extra hp PTO power you would still use six foot implements. Going to 40hp is not going to let you move up to 7 or 8ft bush hog for example. So, in extreme conditions the 40 will mow faster through heavy lush grass/brush but in typical conditions they would mow about the same speed as neither would be maxed out.

Do not make the mistake of thinking that 20% extra horsepower means all jobs get done 20% faster. Only a few PTO powered jobs will really benefit at all. Loader work will be identical.

IT, I have no issues about the same work getting done with either machine, but the work WILL BE ABLE TO BE DONE FASTER when there is more horse power available and is used properly. So A LOT has to do simply with how good the operator is.

20% difference with ground engaging work if you know what you're doing.

For you to think that all loader work will be accomplished in the same time frame is simply not so for a capable operator. ;)

/ Kioti CK3510 CK4010 difference in HP - why? #16  
IT, I have no issues about the same work getting done with either machine, but the work WILL BE ABLE TO BE DONE FASTER when there is more horse power available and is used properly. So A LOT has to do simply with how good the operator is.

20% difference with ground engaging work if you know what you're doing.

For you to think that all loader work will be accomplished in the same time frame is simply not so for a capable operator. ;)

We'll have to have a gentleman's disagreement. :D

It's the identical loader. Exactly the same hydraulic pump. Differences in loader performance would be trivial. None of the tractor companies seem to think that more horsepower operates their loaders at different rates based on the specs and I think they are right. Most of us don't use full HP to do loader work anyways so probably neither the 35 or 40 would be operating at max power.

Ground engaging work I agree would be different so long as traction was not the limiting factor. But, unless you are moving major amounts of dirt with a boxblade, 35hp is fine for a six foot BB which I think most of us would use with this size tractor frame. For something like driveway maintenance where you are moving relatively smaller amounts of gravel etc I don't see the 35hp version being a handicap at all. Maybe if you are using the BB to dig a pond the 40 would have a practical advantage.

/ Kioti CK3510 CK4010 difference in HP - why? #17  
We'll have to have a gentleman's disagreement. :D

It's the identical loader. Exactly the same hydraulic pump. Differences in loader performance would be trivial. None of the tractor companies seem to think that more horsepower operates their loaders at different rates based on the specs and I think they are right. Most of us don't use full HP to do loader work anyways so probably neither the 35 or 40 would be operating at max power.

Ground engaging work I agree would be different so long as traction was not the limiting factor. But, unless you are moving major amounts of dirt with a boxblade, 35hp is fine for a six foot BB which I think most of us would use with this size tractor frame. For something like driveway maintenance where you are moving relatively smaller amounts of gravel etc I don't see the 35hp version being a handicap at all. Maybe if you are using the BB to dig a pond the 40 would have a practical advantage.

I will agree, that for the majority of TBN users, it won't make much difference. The factory specs that you are looking at are all empty operating specs. Put the maximum load in the bucket, work harder ground, I can go on and on, the additional HP makes a big difference to a good experienced operator.

But again for the average operator, probably not anything to be concerned about.

I will bring this last thing up, and I hate to do so, but I have not yet heard of anyone complaining about having to much HP and there are plenty of complaints about not having enough. I see this first hand time and time again, people not going big enough the first time around and bailing on a less than 1-2 year old tractor and either getting more HP or more HP as well as a bigger machine. Yes circumstances can change, but I have seen many where nothing changed other than the equipment. ;)

/ Kioti CK3510 CK4010 difference in HP - why? #18  
I will bring this last thing up, and I hate to do so, but I have not yet heard of anyone complaining about having to much HP and there are plenty of complaints about not having enough. I see this first hand time and time again, people not going big enough the first time around and bailing on a less than 1-2 year old tractor and either getting more HP or more HP as well as a bigger machine. Yes circumstances can change, but I have seen many where nothing changed other than the equipment. ;)

Horsepower is over rated. Frame size/weight is the bigger question.

A Kioti NX6060 costs just about the same as a Kioti RX6010. They have the same HP. The RX will kick the NX from one side of a pasture to the other in getting real work done. It's also significantly heavier etc and is a frame size larger.

Very few people "upgrade" just the horsepower. Most folks who upgrade from a smaller tractor go up a frame size which does make a difference (and incidentally often comes with more hp). The other factor that leads to upgrades is the need for a stronger loader. That also is directly related to frame size, not horsepower.

/ Kioti CK3510 CK4010 difference in HP - why? #19  
Horsepower is over rated. Frame size/weight is the bigger question.
HP isn't overrated in My opinion.
I often wish I had more HP.
Especially mowing the hill behind our house with a 7' finish mower. Need to mow up that hill in low range full throttle or I Run out of power. Slow going.
My tractor frame size is fine, loader capacity fine, power=sure would be nice to have more, a lot more.

/ Kioti CK3510 CK4010 difference in HP - why? #20  
HP isn't overrated in My opinion.
I often wish I had more HP.
Especially mowing the hill behind our house with a 7' finish mower. Need to mow up that hill in low range or I Run out of power. Slow going.

There are exceptions to every rule but I'll stand by the point that a bigger tractor is better than a smaller more powerful one for most activities. Obviously hp is a consideration in tractor selection but gets talked about as though the only thing one needs to consider when buying a tractor is power. I'm just pointing out that frame size/weight/loader capacity are all equally important considerations.