Tractor Sizing Kioti CK3510 CK4010 difference in HP - why?

/ Kioti CK3510 CK4010 difference in HP - why? #21  
Other than cost, you can't go wrong getting the max HP in any certain frame size IMO. Everything should be considered, and yes of course the max HP is not always needed. But it sure is nice to have.

Of course there are many many other things to consider other than just HP, I don't think anyone is saying to go find a 100hp machine that only weighs 2-3000lbs. :rolleyes: Yes people need to look at the overall picture and yes it is often costly to get the next 5-8hp in the same frame size. But to say that the additional HP basically serves no purpose is just wrong IMO. ;)

Like I tell people all the time regarding several different things, not just HP, better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

One last thing AGAIN, never, not one time have I ever heard of ANYONE complaining that they had to much HP, plenty of people complain about not enough HP. It is almost a constant here on TBN in one thread or another.

/ Kioti CK3510 CK4010 difference in HP - why? #22  
Other than cost, you can't go wrong getting the max HP in any certain frame size IMO. Everything should be considered, and yes of course the max HP is not always needed. But it sure is nice to have.

Of course there are many many other things to consider other than just HP, I don't think anyone is saying to go find a 100hp machine that only weighs 2-3000lbs. :rolleyes: Yes people need to look at the overall picture and yes it is often costly to get the next 5-8hp in the same frame size. But to say that the additional HP basically serves no purpose is just wrong IMO. ;)

Like I tell people all the time regarding several different things, not just HP, better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

One last thing AGAIN, never, not one time have I ever heard of ANYONE complaining that they had to much HP, plenty of people complain about not enough HP. It is almost a constant here on TBN in one thread or another.

Key phrase is "other than cost". Most folks are on a budget and try to get the most capable set of tractor and implements possible within a set budget. The tractor companies sell extra hp in a given frame size at a severe premium so to buy an extra five or ten horsepower can cost the same as a couple of extra (or better) implements. Implements I would argue make a bigger difference than just horsepower in most situations though the opposite might also sometimes be true.

A Kioti NX4510 is literally identical to a NX5510 except for different engine software and decals. Hydraulic pump is the same, loader is the same, 3PT is the same, weight and size and operator station are all identical. The 5510 costs about $1500-2000 more last time I checked. There may well be occasions when an extra ten hp will let you finish a job a bit faster but there are many times when a NX4510 with a $1500 grapple is going to be able to do things that a 5510 with just a standard bucket would simply not be able to do in a practical way.

I still would choose to spend money on bigger frame size rather than more hp in a smaller tractor.

/ Kioti CK3510 CK4010 difference in HP - why? #23  
I can only speak from personal experience. But pretty much every time that I have compromised on things because of cost I have regretted it and it has ended up costing me even more $$$ because I ended up getting what I should have gotten in the first place, so ultimately purchased twice instead of only once. For me anymore, either I get what I want-need, or just don't get it until I CAN afford it. :thumbsup:

Oh, and it is easier to get that $1500 grapple later on than it is to get that additional 10hp if-when you need that. ;)

/ Kioti CK3510 CK4010 difference in HP - why?
Thanks for all the input.
I covered all my bases today and got the CK4010 40 HP with Hydro, gives me 3 more PTO HP than the 35 with gear. The safety features of the hydro for my family ( foot off pedal, tractor stops), the ease of of use, and that I won't be skidding logs all day or plowing large pastures, gave me peace of mind with the hydro.
Got telescopic links, FEL, dual rear remotes, Industrial tread, fuel heater, bucket blade, Mat, RimGuard, Service and Parts manuals and all the filters for 50 hr service. Dealer spent 4 hours with me answering all my questions and going over each detail of the unit.. So begins a new learning curve, and the pain of letting go of my NAA Jubilee.....

/ Kioti CK3510 CK4010 difference in HP - why? #25  
I covered all my bases today and got the CK4010 40 HP with Hydro, gives me 3 more PTO HP than the 35 with gear. The safety features of the hydro for my family ( foot off pedal, tractor stops), the ease of of use, and that I won't be skidding logs all day or plowing large pastures, gave me peace of mind with the hydro.
Got telescopic links, FEL, dual rear remotes, Industrial tread, fuel heater, bucket blade, Mat, RimGuard, Service and Parts manuals and all the filters for 50 hr service. Dealer spent 4 hours with me answering all my questions and going over each detail of the unit.. So begins a new learning curve, and the pain of letting go of my NAA Jubilee.....

Nice tractor. Now before your wife sees how much you have spent, get yourself a hydraulic topping lift and either hydraulic sidelink or get a 12" piece of 3/8 hydraulic line with 1/2" male connectors on both sides to keep in the unused rear remote set to make sure you don't accidentally deadhead the system. Easy to do (both deadheading and the preventive fix).

Attachments

• IMG_0011_small.jpg
    IMG_0011_small.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 615
  • IMG_1776_small.jpg
    IMG_1776_small.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 559
Nice tractor. Now before your wife sees how much you have spent, get yourself a hydraulic topping lift and either hydraulic sidelink or get a 12" piece of 3/8 hydraulic line with 1/2" male connectors on both sides to keep in the unused rear remote set to make sure you don't accidentally deadhead the system. Easy to do (both deadheading and the preventive fix).

Thanks for the tip, I hadnt considered deadheading, should I do the same with the loader ports when I drop the loader?

/ Kioti CK3510 CK4010 difference in HP - why? #27  
Thanks for the tip, I hadnt considered deadheading, should I do the same with the loader ports when I drop the loader?

I don't know of anyone who does it for the loader ports. Most of us use the loader full time rather than taking it off for mowing so it is rarely an issue. It is however pretty easy to either forget to put the rear remote lever in "neutral" after using it or to accidentally hit it with your foot (assuming the lever is near the floor of the operator station. In any case, it is a cheap effective fix that also keeps the ports clean without rubber caps.

/ Kioti CK3510 CK4010 difference in HP - why? #28  

Good selection of options...now you can copy your service manual in PDF form and share :dance1:

Good selection of options...now you can copy your service manual in PDF form and share :dance1:

The service manual is quite thick; about 7-800 pages I'd guess plus schematics in pockets, I'd spend a lifetime trying to copy it 🙁. If there is something you really need from it, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

IMG_0177.JPGIMG_0178.JPG