Kioti DK SE Series Vertical Exhaust

/ Kioti DK SE Series Vertical Exhaust
Yeah its good to know that we would never let anyone else know what our plans were, especially not by taking pictures and uploading someday.:laughing:

But I would agree with you, I cannot see the effect it would have on a warranty.

/ Kioti DK SE Series Vertical Exhaust #12  
Hey guys. Yep I used a 3" stack to do my conversion. That being said you could easily use a 2.5. Not sure if I'd go any smaller. I've got over a hundred hours on my machine since the stack mod and its been perfect in every way. The position is perfect, there's no worries about burning you hand because its out of the way.

For anyone wanting yo use a flapper on their stack you could just make your own stack. I personally like the curved stack but if you go with the curved design make sure you build in allowances for water drainage as I did with mine.

Stack placement is very important mine don't interfere with my line of sight and not one person ever mentioned the stack because everyone assumed it came with the tractor. Yes the sound slightly changed but it seemed quieter. I'm very pleased with the stack conversion. Wish Kubota had offered it as an option.

ex15.jpg

built1.jpg

b8.jpg

/ Kioti DK SE Series Vertical Exhaust #13  
4shorts I wish I had 1/10 of your skills. Beautiful job.

/ Kioti DK SE Series Vertical Exhaust #14  
Kioti Killer 2?! What happened to KK1? Did it get eaten by a Coyote? :)

/ Kioti DK SE Series Vertical Exhaust #15  
4shorts I wish I had 1/10 of your skills. Beautiful job.

Thanks. Glad you like it :)

Kioti Killer 2?! What happened to KK1? Did it get eaten by a Coyote? :)

Oh man. That's what happened. I heard all the ruckus and got up looked out the window and their was nutt'in left only a handful of lug nuts :(

/ Kioti DK SE Series Vertical Exhaust
Hey guys. Yep I used a 3" stack to do my conversion. That being said you could easily use a 2.5. Not sure if I'd go any smaller....

That is a really nice looking setup you have there :thumbsup:.

Just wondering, did you end up buying your stack or bending it yourself? If you bought it, where did you find it at? Anywhere online?

/ Kioti DK SE Series Vertical Exhaust #17  
That is a really nice looking setup you have there :thumbsup:.

Just wondering, did you end up buying your stack or bending it yourself? If you bought it, where did you find it at? Anywhere online?

Thank you. I bought that stack somewhere online back in 2008 when I had my Kubota 4240. At that time I intended to do the stack conversion on that but didn't get the time or just got lazy so I put the stack aside. I also knew that not having a exhaust pipe bender n the shop at the time was going to be a disadvantage so I didn't bother.
In 2011 I bought the Kubota 5740 so I decided to put my stack conversion back on track so I put a new bender in the shop and completed the project. That being said I probably could have made the stack with the bender if I never had the stack on hand. The bender will do pipe up to 3"
Cheers. Paul

ecom1.jpg

h3.jpg

h5.jpg

/ Kioti DK SE Series Vertical Exhaust #18  
Nice pipe bender set up. Hope you have more pipe work to do than your own projects to help pay for it...:thumbsup:
Tom

/ Kioti DK SE Series Vertical Exhaust #19  
Nice pipe bender set up. Hope you have more pipe work to do than your own projects to help pay for it...:thumbsup:
Tom

Thanks. Oh yes its a nice unit. it's Canadian built and its done some mighty fine work for me. I've done hundreds of custom applications for our customers. It's done railing for ships, small boats, bumpers, used in farm applications, exhaust systems. Roll bars.... Don't know how I did with out it :D

/ Kioti DK SE Series Vertical Exhaust #20  
Here's a 3" pipe that I found online but t's only 48" so it would have to be extended. Also not sure how well paint sticks to aluminized steel, although apparently you can weld it normally. I'm going to see if a 4" pipe might fit and look good, there are a lot more options available in 4".

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-44302