Price Check Kioti DK40SE HST

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #41  
Not to hijack the thread but what can I do with two rear remotes that I couldn't do with only one?

One remote to run grapple. James Koua has a great thread on fashioning an extended lever for this. I just ordered a TNT for my box blade. It gets old really quick as you continually mount/dismount to adjust top link and tilt for box blade. I should have my TNT in a week or so. Than when I am using the boxblade simple matter of using the RR levers toi adjust tilt and top link.

So 2 rear remotes for the box blade. When not using box just run a set of lines from one remote to your grapple. Be careful of deadheading. This is where you leave the detent on and risk burning out your hydraulic pump. Here is a great link on disabling the detent :

Hydraulic valve work - YouTube

The standard RR comes with the detent feature. The second one did not. Oddly, I asked my dealer to remove detent on the remote prior to delivery and was told this was not possible. i think they were concerned about some sort of liability isue.

Clearly it CAN be done quite easily.

Anyway, get a second rear remote. Sort of like HP. Can you ever really have too much ??

Good luck.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #42  
Be careful of deadheading. This is where you leave the detent on and risk burning out your hydraulic pump. Here is a great link on disabling the detent :

Hydraulic valve work - YouTube

The standard RR comes with the detent feature. The second one did not. Oddly, I asked my dealer to remove detent on the remote prior to delivery and was told this was not possible. i think they were concerned about some sort of liability isue.

Clearly it CAN be done quite easily.

Anyway, get a second rear remote. Sort of like HP. Can you ever really have too much ??

Good luck.

No need to disable the detent. Just get a short piece of hydraulic hose (12-15")with male fittings and 90 degree adapters on both ends and put it in the remotes when not using it for other reasons. If the remote lever is accidentally activated the fluid will just pump in a circle and no harm is done.

Attachments

• IMG_1776_small.jpg
    IMG_1776_small.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 218
   / Kioti DK40SE HST #43  
Called the dealer and had them add the second remote.

Geez I have so much to learn!

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #44  
Dr J, thanks for the YouTube video reference, as I need to terminate the detent operation of one of my control valves. Sure wish I would known it was this easy a few weeks ago when I had the seat and cover out to install a tool box mount for a weather sealed Fat Max 28" box, in place of the tiny Kioti standard box.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #45  
Dr J, thanks for the YouTube video reference, as I need to terminate the detent operation of one of my control valves. Sure wish I would known it was this easy a few weeks ago when I had the seat and cover out to install a tool box mount for a weather sealed Fat Max 28" box, in place of the tiny Kioti standard box.

Before you disable the detent, make sure you will not be using the remotes for any implement that requires continuous hydraulic flow. Backhoe, splitter and probably a few other items would not work well if there was no detent in place. You'd have to rig some sort of bungee cord to lock them in position and that would be messy. The only downside of having a detent is that you need to be a little careful feathering the control valve if you don't want the detent to lock. There is flow through the valve before the detent cuts in so it really isn't that hard. If I were primarily using the second remote for something that needed constant adjustment like a snowblower then I'd remove the detent but otherwise consider living with it first.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #46  
Before you disable the detent, make sure you will not be using the remotes for any implement that requires continuous hydraulic flow. Backhoe, splitter and probably a few other items would not work well if there was no detent in place. You'd have to rig some sort of bungee cord to lock them in position and that would be messy. The only downside of having a detent is that you need to be a little careful feathering the control valve if you don't want the detent to lock. There is flow through the valve before the detent cuts in so it really isn't that hard. If I were primarily using the second remote for something that needed constant adjustment like a snowblower then I'd remove the detent but otherwise consider living with it first.

Thanks for the guidance. Yes I can use the detented valve, and do not like it at all. My usage is forecast only for non-constant flow implements. And if I need a log splitter or such, I have decided I would be content with a bungee. At the present time it is an unwanted hassle to have to mess with the short stroke of the detented valve while adjusting the BB, as I usually hit the detent. If the stroke was not so short, I would be happy to leave things as they are.

I will be using the BB a lot and will have to adjust both cylinders very often in my very rocky, densely wooded, clay soil. I want the full stroke capability of the other valve with no detent.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #47  
Thanks for the guidance. Yes I can use the detented valve, and do not like it at all. My usage is forecast only for non-constant flow implements. And if I need a log splitter or such, I have decided I would be content with a bungee. At the present time it is an unwanted hassle to have to mess with the short stroke of the detented valve while adjusting the BB, as I usually hit the detent. If the stroke was not so short, I would be happy to leave things as they are.

I will be using the BB a lot and will have to adjust both cylinders very often in my very rocky, densely wooded, clay soil. I want the full stroke capability of the other valve with no detent.

That makes sense.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #48  
No need to disable the detent. Just get a short piece of hydraulic hose (12-15")with male fittings and 90 degree adapters on both ends and put it in the remotes when not using it for other reasons. If the remote lever is accidentally activated the fluid will just pump in a circle and no harm is done.

Never thought about that. Clearly an option.

Thanks.

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #49  
Oddly, I asked my dealer to remove detent on the remote prior to delivery and was told this was not possible. i think they were concerned about some sort of liability issue.

Interesting. My dealer brought up the detent conversation himself and highly recommended removing the detent, I told him to go ahead

/ Kioti DK40SE HST #50  
Interesting. My dealer brought up the detent conversation himself and highly recommended removing the detent, I told him to go ahead

I asked the salesman to have service dept. remove detent. I called day before delivery to check on this and was told everything is taken care of. Upon delivery I was advised it cannot be done. I have no clue why they would not do this as they had the seat off to install the second RR.