Price Check Kioti DK45 question

/ Kioti DK45 question #11  
Do people actually have that stuff?
My DK is very well maintained and in exellant condition and I don't have any reciepts or maintanance records.
I'm keeping all my maintenance records, and reciepts for oil and filters, atleast until my warranty is up. Otherwise kioti might tell me I'm SOL if something fluid related breaks. Also it will help for resale if I ever do sell it, a few minutes every service might be a couple thousand bucks some day.

/ Kioti DK45 question #12  
It's actually a slightly larger heavy built machine than the DK45SE machine sold now.
The rear end is planetary style and overall a little bigger.
Some of the features are a little "clunkier" though LOL
If in that good of condition, I'd say it's worth it.
There are 3 different Kioti loaders that could be on it, the KL1470, KL1590 or a KL249.
The 249 and 1470 were close in capacities, the 1590 had self leveling feature and would lift approx 500lbs more than the other 2.
The DS series is built off of the old DK40 and is slightly smaller than this machine.

BTI

I like to know my machine's pedigree. Can you kindly give a little detail on how the DS series has been built off the old DK 40. e.g. are the front axles the same?
Also, I had presumed that the old DK 40 & DK45 , like the current models, had similar specs except 4 more HP.

/ Kioti DK45 question #13  
The DS (40-45) basically uses the complete old DK 40 tractor except the front axle is the same as the DK SE series.
They use a straight gear trans, pretty much the same as the old DK only without synchronizers on the shuttle or main trans.
There are niceties removed like the suspension seat, remote hydraulics, tilt steering wheel, pin style sway bar links and extendable 3pt arms.
They changed the front end "body" and grill and made it so everything for maintenance could be reached from one side.
The PTO is also on or off with no "automatic" setting.
The machines are simple and pretty much bullet-proof.
Your assumption on HP is correct.

BTI

/ Kioti DK45 question #14  
The DS (40-45) basically uses the complete old DK 40 tractor except the front axle is the same as the DK SE series.
They use a straight gear trans, pretty much the same as the old DK only without synchronizers on the shuttle or main trans.
There are niceties removed like the suspension seat, remote hydraulics, tilt steering wheel, pin style sway bar links and extendable 3pt arms.
They changed the front end "body" and grill and made it so everything for maintenance could be reached from one side.
The PTO is also on or off with no "automatic" setting.
The machines are simple and pretty much bullet-proof
Your assumption on HP is correct.

BTI

Thanks BTI , just what I was after. The engine,of course , is also pretty much the same as the current DK45 SE model and there is the option of hydraulic shuttle.

/ Kioti DK45 question #15  
I am fairly sure that the new DS tractors do not have draft control either.

/ Kioti DK45 question #16  
I am fairly sure that the new DS tractors do not have draft control either.

Correct , but they do have a tool box which is a thing of beauty, and storage behind the rear seat .The local version here also has rear remotes and a trailer electrics plug; and the dealer threw in a rotacutter, 4 in 1 bucket and loader.

/ Kioti DK45 question #17  
man, you just broke my heart. I was thinking in a year or two about giving up my dk45sehst for a 40 or 35 with a cab. No more adjustable rear end equipment and no suspension seat or standard remote hydraulics? Why would I buy that? I was just dreaming of a cab tractor cause I am sick of being too hot or too cold.

/ Kioti DK45 question #18  
PA hayseed said:
man, you just broke my heart. I was thinking in a year or two about giving up my dk45sehst for a 40 or 35 with a cab. No more adjustable rear end equipment and no suspension seat or standard remote hydraulics? Why would I buy that? I was just dreaming of a cab tractor cause I am sick of being too hot or too cold.

So, other than extra $$$, what's wrong with a DKse cab tractor? That's what I dream of on hot, dusty, buggy days.

/ Kioti DK45 question #19  
There's lots wrong with a DKse Cab tractor. It used to be on these hot days it was just like sitting in a sauna, so I could let the membership to the country club lapse. I really miss the way the sweat used to pour down my body and make my underwear stick to the seat. I think the other day when it was 96 I actually caught a chill from the air conditioning and I need to be careful because I have a $35 co-pay and can't be running to the doctor's willy-nilly. I'm not communing with nature like I used to. I no longer feed the deer flies and mosquitoes and I rarely even notice the bees and wasps as they circle the cab. I miss the dust that used to form on all the gauges and controls and time spent cleaning them and worrying about scratching the faces. I go through LOTS of glass cleaner and paper towels that I never did before.
I haven't had it for a winter yet but I'm going to miss my coveralls, heavy gloves, boots and hats while plowing my 1/4 mile driveway. I'm going to miss the way the snow used to wake me up as it poured down my neck while using the snow-blower. I'm sure it will be hot in there but I think if I just wear a light shirt it will be OK. I miss my open station tractor......

/ Kioti DK45 question #20  
There's lots wrong with a DKse Cab tractor. It used to be on these hot days it was just like sitting in a sauna, so I could let the membership to the country club lapse. I really miss the way the sweat used to pour down my body and make my underwear stick to the seat. I think the other day when it was 96 I actually caught a chill from the air conditioning and I need to be careful because I have a $35 co-pay and can't be running to the doctor's willy-nilly. I'm not communing with nature like I used to. I no longer feed the deer flies and mosquitoes and I rarely even notice the bees and wasps as they circle the cab. I miss the dust that used to form on all the gauges and controls and time spent cleaning them and worrying about scratching the faces. I go through LOTS of glass cleaner and paper towels that I never did before.
I haven't had it for a winter yet but I'm going to miss my coveralls, heavy gloves, boots and hats while plowing my 1/4 mile driveway. I'm going to miss the way the snow used to wake me up as it poured down my neck while using the snow-blower. I'm sure it will be hot in there but I think if I just wear a light shirt it will be OK. I miss my open station tractor......

Well, if you really miss it that much... perhaps we could make a temporary trade.. you know for at least as long as its 107 degrees out...Well actually it is only in the 90's now... but you get the idea... If it is sun, sweat and bugs you really want... I think I could help:rolleyes: I will trade back, when it gets cooler and the bugs have died off.. or .....NOT...:D

James K0UA