kioti dk55 front end problems

/ kioti dk55 front end problems #31  
I have a Kioti DK 45, 2003 model with a Front end loader (bush hog 346 model). I bought it used with 357 hours for $12,000. First let me say i still like the tractor. The front end (center ring gear) broke 3 teeth the other day. It looks like the ring gear bolts were loose which may have caused the brake. It also looks like the front end was worked on before i got it you can see where a wrench has been on every bolt and nut head on the front end. When it broke i was shuttling mud from a backhoe filling my bucket (full) probably to full on a 12% grade backing out up the grade about 30' (because of site constraints i could not go forward up the grade) putting a great deal of weight on the front end. The rear tires are loaded and i had a 4' tiller for some counter weight on the back.
Was this my fault? yes. I should have not filled the bucket full. The mud was just to heavy. It was its 15 trip when it broke.

Last edited:
   / kioti dk55 front end problems #32  
I am fixing it myself. I ordered the parts today. I did not even ask how much they are. anything i should look out for?
I ordered a parts manual and service manual before anything was wrong 4 months ago and still not in. I hope the parts are easier to get then the manuals.

/ kioti dk55 front end problems #33  
Not sure why its been 4 months and you still have no parts or service manual. (did the dealer ever send in the order ?)
When I ordered the parts and service manuals for my DK 35 they where mailed to my house within days.

/ kioti dk55 front end problems #34  
He says he did order them. I am skeptical. I really have no confidence in their parts department.

/ kioti dk55 front end problems #35  
I've got a dk55c, 2 kubotas and an ole 801 ford diesel. Each and everyone has some issues now and again, but overall I've got little to complain about my DK. It is a tank and I would buy another. The hour meter is around 250 hrs or so, and I haven't used it much lately, but it is out by the barn, waitin on me! I do remember a year or so back my dealer came out to the house and installed a fix on the front end ... beefed it up, never asked for anything and just let me know it was done and it was ready to go.

So, I'd have no problem recommending, and I do feel bad for the guy with the broken front end. I'm interested if Kioti doesn't hop to it and fix it, but other than that, tractors are made to be fixed... try working on my 2008 camry sometime...!