Mowing Kioti DK55 TRANS WAS BOILING HOT after bush hogging WHAT HAVE I DONE???

/ Kioti DK55 TRANS WAS BOILING HOT after bush hogging WHAT HAVE I DONE??? #61  
As for the first part of your question, Yes it was the first time using this big mower on it. Normally use a 6' rough cut. Otherwise biggest thing has been on it was a 8'6" disk mower that it ran just fine for hours at a time.

Second part, well, I think its obvious that the original tractor ( Kioti DK55 ) didn't perform well, I went to a larger tractor for 2 main reasons.
1. being the Kioti is broken.
2. Kioti over heats heats badly wile attempting to run it.

My thoughts toward Kioti at this point, if Kioti are such a fantastic company and build such great tractors, why did they have to clone kubota's designs to build a tractor?
It may look like a Kubota and be a decent tractor, however, its not a Kubota and will never be!
Kinda like the 5hp Honda knock off engines. They sure do look like a Honda but they don't hold up like a Honda..

Maybe it would have been better for you to state that you figured out that the Kioti Tractor that I bought was not large enough to handle the load requirement.
Instead it seems that you decided to put the blame on the machine??? It doesn't matter what brand tractor you would have used with the same horsepower would have done the same thing as far as failing. Just because you can hook up an implement to a tractor does it mean that it will make it perform the way that it should. The poor little Kioti was just trying to do what it was being asked to do and it wasn't it's fault that in this case it couldn't do it.

/ Kioti DK55 TRANS WAS BOILING HOT after bush hogging WHAT HAVE I DONE??? #62  
Heres a little info for you....

In the Early Days....
In the early 1980s Kubota from Japan and Daedong from Korea teamed up to build what is known as the Kubota “02″ series of tractors, namely the L1802, L2002, L2402, L2602 and L2802. It was a joint venture with Daedong manufacturing the transmission and Kubota providing its experience with the engine mechanics and other components. Interestingly, Daedong provided the design and fabricated the body sheet metal for these tractors which gives them their own distinctive look – no other Kubota looks like these tractors do. Despite the team effort, the “02″ tractors are still largely Kubotas with exception of their transmissions which means many parts for them are still available today. Production of these tractors lasted from the early 1980s, peaked in 1983 and then tapered off.

Lawsuits and Bad Blood
It is no secret that a Kioti tractor, with its orange coloring scheme, similar hood shape and decal lettering look an awful lot like a Kubota. Their names even start with the same letter, K! It seems that just about the only thing Daedong didn’t do was call their tractor a Kiboti. In either case, the bad blood started shortly after their relationship together in the early to mid 1980s. Kubota suspected its partner of stealing engineering secrets and repurposing them for its Daedong’s own gain, a big no-no. The aggression spilled over in late 2002 when Kubota filed a lawsuit against Kioti in a California district court. Kubota felt its trademark coloring and hood designs were being infringed upon and also sought to clear the air regarding confusion between Kubota and Kioti – there were strictly not one in the same.

A Settlement is Reached
The lawsuit dragged on for 5 years until August 2007 when a press release issued by both companies stated that the matter had been resolved – the amount of the settlement undisclosed. It is interesting to note however that Kioti still relies heavily on its orange color scheme much like Kubota and its hood designs and decals also look similar, so one can only speculate on what sort of agreement the two companies came to.

one of the changes that I noticed after the settlement was Kubota changed the tint of their orange.

/ Kioti DK55 TRANS WAS BOILING HOT after bush hogging WHAT HAVE I DONE??? #63  
Maybe it would have been better for you to state that you figured out that the Kioti Tractor that I bought was not large enough to handle the load requirement.
Instead it seems that you decided to put the blame on the machine??? It doesn't matter what brand tractor you would have used with the same horsepower would have done the same thing as far as failing. Just because you can hook up an implement to a tractor does it mean that it will make it perform the way that it should. The poor little Kioti was just trying to do what it was being asked to do and it wasn't it's fault that in this case it couldn't do it.

Well written. Simply not true. The Tractor's PTO clutch system failed. Not even functioning well enough to display overload at the engine. My 32 year old Ford will bog down and stall the engine if the PTO is overloaded.

/ Kioti DK55 TRANS WAS BOILING HOT after bush hogging WHAT HAVE I DONE??? #64  
So the Hydraulic System PTO when overloaded will not or will stop the tractor?? I am asking because I am not familiar with Hydraulic PTO systems from what is sounds like is they will try run whatever is attached to it no matter what. Unlike those on my old Fords that are mechanical and then engines stall or drive line parts fail

/ Kioti DK55 TRANS WAS BOILING HOT after bush hogging WHAT HAVE I DONE??? #65  
So the Hydraulic System PTO when overloaded will not or will stop the tractor?? I am asking because I am not familiar with Hydraulic PTO systems from what is sounds like is they will try run whatever is attached to it no matter what. Unlike those on my old Fords that are mechanical and then engines stall or drive line parts fail

Not being personally familiar with your tractor line-up I'm not sure how to answer this.

I'm pretty sure your BX2670 has an electrically activated Hydraulic System PTO. The clutch pack is inside your transaxle, activated by a dash electrical switch?? If so,,,, it should stall the engine if the load is more than said engine can bear. If you were using your BX2670 with a MMM and it fried the PTO clutch, is it the MMM's fault???

I'm not sure about your Ford 3000. Is it Independent PTO? Lever on the left side of the trans that can be started/stopped without using the foot clutch?? If so,,,, then it also has a Hydraulic System PTO, difference being it's activated by a mechanical lever. That's how my 3910 is. If not, then you have a two stage clutch and activate the PTO by clutching, moving a lever, engaging the clutch again. Either way, if the PTO clutch failed, did the tractor fail or is it the fault of the attachment you were using?? :)

/ Kioti DK55 TRANS WAS BOILING HOT after bush hogging WHAT HAVE I DONE??? #66  
And I bet they are both diesels even.:D I got a kubota diesel in my Ventrac and I like it too.
You bad troll with 20,000 PLUS posts ?? Sounds like he is BUTT HURT Murph.Laffin

/ Kioti DK55 TRANS WAS BOILING HOT after bush hogging WHAT HAVE I DONE??? #67  
This is getting to be a pissing match, Not interested.... I hope this info will be useful to others one day. Said all i need to say at this point.
For the guys that gave a positive 2 cents i truly think you!!
I truly THINK YOU to?Huggs....

/ Kioti DK55 TRANS WAS BOILING HOT after bush hogging WHAT HAVE I DONE??? #68  
Well written. Simply not true. The Tractor's PTO clutch system failed. Not even functioning well enough to display overload at the engine. My 32 year old Ford will bog down and stall the engine if the PTO is overloaded.

Hmm......

In post 31 the OP wrote:

"The PTO clutches NEVER slipped a day I used it ever, right down to the second I shut it off. If i got into dirt, even at full throttle it would kill engine before i could get my foot on the clutch."

What sort of failure is that? Could it be that the heated fluid caused the clutch pack seal failure rather than the clutch pack failure causing the fluid over temperature.

/ Kioti DK55 TRANS WAS BOILING HOT after bush hogging WHAT HAVE I DONE??? #69  
Hmm......

In post 31 the OP wrote:

"The PTO clutches NEVER slipped a day I used it ever, right down to the second I shut it off. If i got into dirt, even at full throttle it would kill engine before i could get my foot on the clutch."

What sort of failure is that? Could it be that the heated fluid caused the clutch pack seal failure rather than the clutch pack failure causing the fluid over temperature.

Valid point.

Not counting my opinion, I can't answer that.

Kind of a chicken/egg question isn't it?

Either way, the tractor failed. It's my "opinion" the failure is in design, not abuse by the operator.

/ Kioti DK55 TRANS WAS BOILING HOT after bush hogging WHAT HAVE I DONE??? #70  
Valid point.

Not counting my opinion, I can't answer that.

Kind of a chicken/egg question isn't it?

Either way, the tractor failed. It's my "opinion" the failure is in design, not abuse by the operator.

What part of the design failed and why? Is this design used elsewhere? I am told is was stolen from Kubota.