Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability
It looks like most of your questions were answered in other posts - regarding the fenders, hood and such they are metal. I don't know if you're looking at tractors right now - but if you are I would strongly suggest at least looking at this brand. I'm not saying this is the one I'm getting...yet, I am going to look at Kubota again tomorrow. I metioned in another thread that my biggest concern was not with the tractor, but with the dealership. I'm not knocking them - they are really nice guys, but they don't deliver and I don't have a means to trailer a tractor this size. So it means any drive to or from the dealership is on my dime... and that concerns me. Both Deere and Kubota dealers in my area offer free pick-up and delivery. And after many new cars I realize that the dealer experience runs a close 2nd in importance to me next to the item itself. So that's my opinion. I think in 5 years we'll see more Kioti's around, and hopefully more dealers.

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #22  
I'd offer to haul it for you Steve.
But your going to have to move about 400 + miles closer first !! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability
Thanks for the offer... I'd take you up on it in a heartbeat. I'm down in PA a lot - been going to Malvern for training since last summer. Nice area - that and Valley Forge.

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #24  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="red"> Seems one would need a rather short memory to claim Kubota was the original orange </font> )</font>

I was thinking of the compact line of tractors,yeah those big Allis Chalmers are the 1st orange tractor that I remember.

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #25  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( [col or:red] Looks like I better go back to the Kubota forum and "stir" the pot!! It looks like that is what we have here. </font> )</font>

Not really,
I do get the impression that Kiotis are coming on pretty strong as one of the big contenders in the compact market and probably for a good reason.And they have peaked my intrest.
I know Sweet is a little bias towards the product he sells(why wouldn't he be ?)I know a sales pitch when I hear one.
I have a hard time believing they are virtually defect/problem free when <font color="green"> ALL </font> of the other tractor manufacturers have some problems.
I have a John Deere 4400 and I have had problems with it,more than I should have.
Kubotas,never owned one,never driven one,but I know they have a good product reputation in my neck of the woods . I have looked at Kubotas and I think they look like a well made tractor,never looked at a Kioti yet.

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #26  
I'll agree with you there. If it is mechanical it will break at some point. The comparison at that point is how the dealer treats you when you have a problem and how the company stands behind the product. If a dealer's service department consists of a greasy guy under an oak tree with a chainfall, I would move on to another dealer of that color or change colors.

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #27  
<font color="blue">I'm not knocking them - they are really nice guys, but they don't deliver and I don't have a means to trailer a tractor this size. So it means any drive to or from the dealership is on my dime... and that concerns me. </font>

If your coming out a lot better price wise you'll be able to pocket the difference. Then if you need to transport the tractor to the dealer you have $$$ to do so. You could even take the savings and put it towards a towing set-up.

Don

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #28  
We picked up the Kioti line in the mid 90's. Good solid machine, with excelant support from the factory. Saw the guts of the first engine (3054)just before christmas. It was a 6 year old rental machine. That should tell you something! Yes we get 3-5 warrenty clames in every year, but compare that with 80-100 units sold every year and do the math.
Truly speaking, the vast majority of complants from coustomers about the machine are a direct result of a loose nut behind the wheel. EXAMPLE..
1. Attempting to pick and move up a LOADED 40 foot contaner with a DK 35. They have jacked it up, and set it on wooden 4x4's, it falls with the operator having the FEL under one corner of the contaner...It tossed him and his machine across the yard like a toy. Of corse it damaged the FEL. He is lucky to be alive.
2. What do you mean it needs to have the oil changed? (500 hrs on the meter).
3. This SOB you sold me got hot. (We run out there and find out that the entire front end of the tractor is stuffed full of grass. it had never been cleaned out. Of corse it got hot!)

4.It smokes real bad, hard to start and has lost power. (Again we run out there to find the air filter is one solid block of dirt, The grand kids have put water and dirt in grandpa's fuel can, grandpa puts the contamated fuel into the machine, 300+ hours on the machine with the original filters still there.)

5. the radaitor is leaking. ( Out we go to find out what happened, They were pushing brush, and shoved a stump plum threw the grill,radatior and fan)

Sir, with a little preventative mantenance, and thinking ahead..this machine will last you a life time.. I have a long list of "operators" that are well satisfied with there machine.

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #29  
Having worked at a dealership and operated equipment for many years, I have seen many of the same types of things that virgil spoke of. I would like to apologize to many here, I am very bad about being skeptical when new owners blame something on the their equipment. I more than likely should have said "owners" instead of the new part. Many many problems with equipment are caused by lack of knowledge. I don't hold it against anyone, everyone has to learn somewhere. I am glad that there is a place such as this one that Muhammad provides, where we can all help each other. I to have learned many things here and I will continue to help all that I can with any knowledge that I have.

/ Kioti Owners - Speak about Dependability #30  
<font color="blue"> </font> I know Sweet is a little bias towards the product he sells(why wouldn't he be ?)I know a sales pitch when I hear one. <font color="blue"> </font>

Most of my posts on this forum are just my experiences. We always try to lay out the facts as we know them. I always thought a sales picth had knowlingly false information in them. I will never do that--However-- Most of our customers are too smart to fall for that anyway. (Thanks to forums like this)--Ken Sweet
Sweet Farm Equipment LLC *1 Hour South of The National Machinery Show in Louisville,Ky*