Comparison Kioti Rx vs. Mahindra Vs. John Deer Vs. Kubota M. Which 60 to 70 HP tractor is best?

/ Kioti Rx vs. Mahindra Vs. John Deer Vs. Kubota M. Which 60 to 70 HP tractor is best? #11  
"Having a dealer within 30min to an hour away is the key"

The key to what?

Easier to get parts and service. Quicker repair and getting back to work with your tractor!

/ Kioti Rx vs. Mahindra Vs. John Deer Vs. Kubota M. Which 60 to 70 HP tractor is best? #12  
What is the best tractor for the money and one that will spend a limited amount of time in the shop? .

Just to show people what a loaded question this is: There are people here who easily would have recommended a Kubota. The answer to your question is : "not a single one". That is simply like trying to tell the future.
You can't buy a tractor with that criteria whatsoever and your experience with a Kubota yet, proves that.

You buy a tractor on how it fits all your personal needs then cross your fingers and hope it stays reliable for you. What you know is way more important than what you hope.

/ Kioti Rx vs. Mahindra Vs. John Deer Vs. Kubota M. Which 60 to 70 HP tractor is best? #13  
I shopped Massey, John Deere, Kubota, and New Holland. I bought the NH Workmaster 75 HP (60 PTO). It was the lowest price and it has DOC emissions which means no regen cycles to deal with. I am not a small guy, the cab fit me better. The AC ductwork is in the cab roof and circulates a lot of air, compared to ones that have the ducts in the front console and dash area. The only options I had to add were R4s and the third function. Everything else I wanted, such as a radio, toolbox, instructor seat, and 12X12 transmission, is standard.

/ Kioti Rx vs. Mahindra Vs. John Deer Vs. Kubota M. Which 60 to 70 HP tractor is best? #14  
I am looking to trade my Kubota L3901 in for a bigger better built 60 to 66 HP tractor. My Kubota has been in the shop longer than I have owned it, on year two of ownership. I am leaning toward Kioti RX 6620 but there aren't as many comparisons out there for major brands such as Mahindra, JD, Kioti, and Kubota. What is the best tractor for the money and one that will spend a limited amount of time in the shop? My uses are front mount mowers, grapple, brush hogging, digging/moving dirt, and small scale land clearing and small farm uses.

I'm interested in the repair issue. So you have had your Kubota in the shop more than 6 months out of a year of ownership? I'm assuming the warranty is covering your repairs (which doesn't help with not having a tractor). Does your dealer have a loaner tractor? Is it a specific dealer issue?

Is you Kubota currently operating with no issues?

/ Kioti Rx vs. Mahindra Vs. John Deer Vs. Kubota M. Which 60 to 70 HP tractor is best? #15  
My uses are front mount mowers, grapple, brush hogging, digging/moving dirt, small scale land clearing and small farm uses.

I sometimes pick up trees and move them where lifting capacity is very important!

Hardly work for a narrow, 2,700 pound bare tractor weight Kubota L3901. Poor little thing.

These tasks require a minimum 5,000 pound bare weight tractor, better a 6,000 pound bare weight tractor.

The single task directly effected by horsepower is mowing, other tasks require primarily tractor weight.

BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR

The fundamental importance of TRACTOR WEIGHT eludes many tractor shoppers.

The most efficient way to shop for tractors is to first identify potential tractor applications, then, through consulataton, establish bare tractor weight necessary to safely accomplish your applications. Tractor dealers, experienced tractor owners and TractorByNet.com are sources for weight recommendations.

Sufficient tractor weight is more important for most tractor applications than increased tractor horsepower. Bare tractor weight is a tractor specification easily found in sales brochures and web sites, readily comparable across tractor brands and tractor models, new and used.

Within subcompact and compact tractor categories, a significant tractor capability increase requires a bare tractor weight increase of 50%. It takes a 100% increase in bare tractor weight to elicit MY-OH-MY!

Shop your weight range within tractor brands. Budget will eliminate some choices. Collect a dealer brochure for each tractor model in your weight range. I spreadsheet tractor and implement specs, often a revealing exercise. I have a column for cost per pound.

Last edited:
   / Kioti Rx vs. Mahindra Vs. John Deer Vs. Kubota M. Which 60 to 70 HP tractor is best? #16  
I have had a 7320 for the last couple of years with no problems other than one of the work lights has died (probably a bulb). It mows, pulls a disc, works as a fork lift, does grapple work, augers holes for tree planting, drives fence posts, and even used it to chase some neighbors cows that had gotten out away from the highway. Good machine, cold ac, very strong loader, always starts, and a great dealer here. I am happy with my Kioti.

/ Kioti Rx vs. Mahindra Vs. John Deer Vs. Kubota M. Which 60 to 70 HP tractor is best? #17  
Sounds like the reliability of your Kubota has been subpar. In my lifetime I've owned 4 different Kubota's (L235, L3710, L5740, F3080), 2 John Deere's (430 and 650) a Bolens/Iseki G152, and an old International Cub Lo Boy. I still own the L5740 and F3080, both of which I purchased new. I've had the L5740 since 2012 and the F3080 since 2015. Everything else I purchased used. None of these machines have ever been to a repair shop or back to the dealer for repairs during the time I owned them, or needed anything other than regular maintenance, fluids, filters, etc. Properly maintained, any reputable brand tractor should give many years of trouble-free use, assuming it's being used within it's design limits. There's always the possibility that a tractor built by any brand could have issues with defective parts or problems during the manufacturing process. These issues generally come to light during the warranty period. At the end of the day, pick your favorite color with the specs and options you want, and enjoy.

/ Kioti Rx vs. Mahindra Vs. John Deer Vs. Kubota M. Which 60 to 70 HP tractor is best? #18  
Hardly work for a narrow, 2,700 pound bare tractor weight Kubota L3901. Poor little thing.

These tasks require a minimum 5,000 pound bare weight tractor, better a 6,000 pound bare weight tractor.

I have a L3301 and work 40 acres using grapple, brush hogging, digging/moving dirt, small scale land clearing and small farm uses. I'm not in a hurry but it does the job.

The real problem is ground clearance. Being a newbie when I bought the tractor if the salesman would have point out the ground clearance there is no doubt I would have upsized to a MX series.

/ Kioti Rx vs. Mahindra Vs. John Deer Vs. Kubota M. Which 60 to 70 HP tractor is best? #19  
Easier to get parts and service. Quicker repair and getting back to work with your tractor!

I thought that was obvious too. :laughing:

/ Kioti Rx vs. Mahindra Vs. John Deer Vs. Kubota M. Which 60 to 70 HP tractor is best? #20  
Front mount mowers on a 3901?

Anyway, if you are doing more dirt moving, grapple, and land clearing have you considered a skid steer or it's cousin a compact track loader?

How much to you have to mow / brush hog?

I rented a skid steer (10,000 lbs) and within 3 hrs sunk to the top of the tracks. The weight was just too much.