Comparison Kioti Rx vs. Mahindra Vs. John Deer Vs. Kubota M. Which 60 to 70 HP tractor is best?

/ Kioti Rx vs. Mahindra Vs. John Deer Vs. Kubota M. Which 60 to 70 HP tractor is best? #21  
All tractor will have quality problems eventually. After seven year, I sold my John Deere 4520 compact utility tractor to my uncle. The tractor had 434 hours and, in a few months, the tractor started leaking coolant around the water pump which seems to be common problem for these tractors based on what the dealer’s mechanic told us. Now this tractor has a John Deere engine, not a Yanmar engine. Pulled the water pump off the tractor just to fine the Mexico John Deere engine factory never put a gasket between the pump and block; just sealant between the two. Went to the dealership just to fine Deere now has a gasket for $5 to put between the pump and block now. It does tick you off that you have to do all this work to install a $5 gasket that they should have installed at the factory. I guess you have to hope the tractor you purchase had good engineering decisions made when building the machine and did not make dumb cost cutting decisions like these. Unfortunately, this can happen to all tractor manufacturers.

/ Kioti Rx vs. Mahindra Vs. John Deer Vs. Kubota M. Which 60 to 70 HP tractor is best? #22  
Properly maintained, any reputable brand tractor should give many years of trouble-free use, assuming it's being used within it's design limits. There's always the possibility that a tractor built by any brand could have issues with defective parts or problems during the manufacturing process. These issues generally come to light during the warranty period. At the end of the day, pick your favorite color with the specs and options you want, and enjoy.
Therein lies the rub; we don't know how it was used or if it was well maintained. Also some people don't know that today's engines don't like to be idle. Human nature always wants to find a scapegoat and in these cases the manufacturer is it.

/ Kioti Rx vs. Mahindra Vs. John Deer Vs. Kubota M. Which 60 to 70 HP tractor is best? #23  
I currently own three tractors from a Kubota b2710 , M6800 and a JD 5525. Bought the B2710 and the JD 5525 used. Bought the M 6800 fall of 1999 and have about 1300 hours on it. Bought B2710 about three years later with 300 some hours on it. Bought the JD with just over 2000 July of 2015. The most serious repairs had on any one has been the one I bought new, the M 6800. Transmission twice, once I should have caught had leak on a wheel disk and it leaked enough oil when using had a bearing failure. All other repairs on any of the three has been issues I would expect with normal use. Had a Case first and never had an issue on it. First notice I don't run a lot of hours but I will work a machine. I don't over buy in HP but don't over load one either. A lot of the hours are at full rpms for either mower or tillage work.

I am retiring from my small farm operation and will be selling the two biggest and buying a 60 hp with cab and fel. All based upon twenty some years of my own tractor(s). I looked at Yanmar heavy, drove through the Kioti lot and they had noting in size range I wanted, looked at the LS some, never considered Mahrinda for dealership turn over, did not consider Case or NH in that size for no idea who makes them and final decision came down to Kubota or JD. Probably would have been Yanmar had the next nearest dealership was at least two hours away. Preferred the JD and would have been a JD but the cab was a turn off for my wants and needs. Kubota will be on order three weeks tomorrow. That is nearest of any brand dealership to me and seem to have a good parts department and shop. I have always advised when looking at any such machine look at the dealership you will buy from, but also look at where support is if they close and they do close for a variety of reasons. I agree JD and Kubota of the brands I considered have the broadest dealer networks out there bar none.

I have also read it here in this thread weight is important, totally agree unless pto power is only real requirement. Matters little hp if there is no traction there or if tractor is tipping for the load. I have also read here basically sit on the tractor and see how it fits YOU. That was one reason I decide against some of the tractors for I wanted fel joystick basically part of the right console so arm would be supported by seat arm or console. Do not like the concept of it on the front end loader. I "think" that would lead to arm getting tired and not as smooth working of the fel. Might be wrong on that but had enough use of controls had to reach for and not a fan of that for long use on a bouncing ride.

Take your time, as has also been stated make a written comparison of the tractors and you will be amazed some differences jump at you. As to FEL capacity consider the front axle and will say the front tires also. Are they built for the amount of weight they say their fel will lift and don't forget the loader and tractor are adding to the weight that axle has on it. Have an internet friend who owns some very decent dealerships point this out. One last thought on weight, cheap heavy casting is not as strong as some of the modern metals are. Weight alone is not a final judge.

/ Kioti Rx vs. Mahindra Vs. John Deer Vs. Kubota M. Which 60 to 70 HP tractor is best? #24  
Hardly work for a narrow, 2,700 pound bare tractor weight Kubota L3901. Poor little thing.

These tasks require a minimum 5,000 pound bare weight tractor, better a 6,000 pound bare weight tractor.

The single task directly effected by horsepower is mowing, other tasks require primarily tractor weight.

BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR

The fundamental importance of TRACTOR WEIGHT eludes many tractor shoppers.

The most efficient way to shop for tractors is to first identify potential tractor applications, then, through consulataton, establish bare tractor weight necessary to safely accomplish your applications. Tractor dealers, experienced tractor owners and TractorByNet.com are sources for weight recommendations.

Sufficient tractor weight is more important for most tractor applications than increased tractor horsepower. Bare tractor weight is a tractor specification easily found in sales brochures and web sites, readily comparable across tractor brands and tractor models, new and used.

Within subcompact and compact tractor categories, a significant tractor capability increase requires a bare tractor weight increase of 50%. It takes a 100% increase in bare tractor weight to elicit MY-OH-MY!

Shop your weight range within tractor brands. Budget will eliminate some choices. Collect a dealer brochure for each tractor model in your weight range. I spreadsheet tractor and implement specs, often a revealing exercise. I have a column for cost per pound.

This was my main concern when I purchased My first tractor
Weight
Due to the fact that I wanted to be able to transport mine between property
I Talked to a lot of Operators for years about which brand to buy. So that decision was already made before I went looking.
When I decided it was time I went to my local dealer and they welcomed me with open arms.
I told them what I was using the Tractor for and the Sales Lady asked me a whole lot of questions so she could give me the best fit for what I was looking for.
Due to a weight limit on a Trailer I already have and with the Sales Lady's advice I went with the Kubota MX4800. 3 weeks after I ordered the Tractor I called my Sales Lady up and upgraded to the MX5800 and she made it happen. For my 1st tractor I did not think that I needed all of the Whistles and Bells of a Deluxe Model I just wanted a Basic model to learn on
I had the Backhoe and front Bucket added to the order at the time of purchase.
This Tractor Max's my Trailer out but I can transport it just fine.
The Backhoe has surpassed my Expectations on what it has done for me. and the Front Loader has been a Life Saver as well
I have since Purchased an 72" Box Blade and Front Forks from EA and Built a front Boom and modified the Hydro. Thumb on the Backhoe and Added adjustable rippers from the Box Blade to make the Thumb Deeper (it now is like having a small grapple on the tractor 20190525_112740.jpg

Best advice on this Post
Buy Enough Tractor the first time around.

/ Kioti Rx vs. Mahindra Vs. John Deer Vs. Kubota M. Which 60 to 70 HP tractor is best? #25  
This was my main concern when I purchased My first tractor
Weight
Due to the fact that I wanted to be able to transport mine between property
I Talked to a lot of Operators for years about which brand to buy. So that decision was already made before I went looking.
When I decided it was time I went to my local dealer and they welcomed me with open arms.
I told them what I was using the Tractor for and the Sales Lady asked me a whole lot of questions so she could give me the best fit for what I was looking for.
Due to a weight limit on a Trailer I already have and with the Sales Lady's advice I went with the Kubota MX4800. 3 weeks after I ordered the Tractor I called my Sales Lady up and upgraded to the MX5800 and she made it happen. For my 1st tractor I did not think that I needed all of the Whistles and Bells of a Deluxe Model I just wanted a Basic model to learn on
I had the Backhoe and front Bucket added to the order at the time of purchase.
This Tractor Max's my Trailer out but I can transport it just fine.
The Backhoe has surpassed my Expectations on what it has done for me. and the Front Loader has been a Life Saver as well
I have since Purchased an 72" Box Blade and Front Forks from EA and Built a front Boom and modified the Hydro. Thumb on the Backhoe and Added adjustable rippers from the Box Blade to make the Thumb Deeper (it now is like having a small grapple on the tractor View attachment 646639

Best advice on this Post
Buy Enough Tractor the first time around.

The logic of buying a particular tractor brand/size, because it will be just barely satisfactory with on an existing trailer, completely escapes me.
Used trailers are easy to sell for great prices, and new trailers can be bought at very fair prices.
Every trailer I have ever owned has been "over built",.... and for good reason.

/ Kioti Rx vs. Mahindra Vs. John Deer Vs. Kubota M. Which 60 to 70 HP tractor is best? #26  
I'm going to make this simple... THE best tractor is the one YOU buy. OK? End of lesson. ;)

/ Kioti Rx vs. Mahindra Vs. John Deer Vs. Kubota M. Which 60 to 70 HP tractor is best? #27  
I'm going to make this simple... THE best tractor is the one YOU buy. OK? End of lesson. ;)

"THE best tractor is the one YOU buy"

I do not think that blanket statement is applicable to tractors, or to most things in general.
There is often major satisfaction risk.
For a simple example: Wives
50% divorce rate.

/ Kioti Rx vs. Mahindra Vs. John Deer Vs. Kubota M. Which 60 to 70 HP tractor is best? #28  
JMHO You asked for opinions, and here's mine. I speak from my experience. I have over 100 acres to maintain. Along with the normal bush-hogging, dirt moving, etc., I harvest 52 acres of hay meadows. I put about 600-700 hours per year total on my tractors. (see them listed in my signature) With the cab tractors getting the most use.

I would suggest the JD 5075M Here are some reasons why:

Dealer support-Deere, with Kubota right there with them. There is one Mahindra dealer within a 75 mile radius of me, and no Kioti. For that reason alone, I would have to scratch both of them off my list, but your situation may be different. I bought a new NH TN70A several years ago, but now we don't have a local dealer. Love the tractor, but wouldn't buy another one now.
Drive train-Deere makes the best Power Reverser transmission, and their engines are basically bulletproof. Kubota has a great engine, but I don't like their transmission. Plus, the 5M series has a 16 speed transmission, with a 32 speed optional.
Weight-Deere wins big on this one. A 4wd, open station 5075M weighs almost 3000# more than a Kubota M7060 And weight equals traction.
Cab-Deere wins again. Best A/C, most comfortable seat, (air ride and swivel. optional, but well worth it) and user friendly controls. You didn't say if you are looking for cab or open station, but I'll throw that advice in for free.
Hydraulics-once again, it's all Deere here. Highest rate of flow, and fastest. And, of the brands that you're looking at, only Deere has the electro-hydraulic hitch controls. When attaching implements, you can raise or lower the 3ph from buttons on the rear fender.

Now, understand, a JD 5075M will cost a bit more than the others, but you're paying for comfort and convenience. You probably don't drive the cheapest car you can find either. :)

/ Kioti Rx vs. Mahindra Vs. John Deer Vs. Kubota M. Which 60 to 70 HP tractor is best? #29  
The logic of buying a particular tractor brand/size, because it will be just barely satisfactory with on an existing trailer, completely escapes me.
Used trailers are easy to sell for great prices, and new trailers can be bought at very fair prices.
Every trailer I have ever owned has been "over built",.... and for good reason.
Everyone has a different situation
I purchased my Trailer from a guy that built it himself and I have beefed it up my self.
I have no more room to store another trailer where I live right now to get another one.
People have to decide for them selves what they need and My MX5800 fits my needs
at time do I need an Larger one
Yes I could use a 50 Yard Dump Truck and a 2000HP Dozzer at times as well.
My MX5800 is way to big for my yard where I live but when I take it to my other Property of 36 Acres it looks very small.
I put in a 36 ft. Infiltration system in where I live right now and the ground is very large boulders with sand sprinkled around them. The Backhoe did so much more than I thought it would.
I have build 2 earth bridges , Cut a 2 city block long dirt road , Moved 100+ yards of dirt for back fill and I am digging a very large pond to have fish in it when I get finished and this is just a start on what I plan to do with my Tractor.
Ya I need a Larger Tractor on my property where I do not live full time But I have No Place to Park it where I live right now.
Like I said Everyone has different needs for their Equipment Purchases.

/ Kioti Rx vs. Mahindra Vs. John Deer Vs. Kubota M. Which 60 to 70 HP tractor is best? #30  
Randywwjd, well you have learned by now there are many thoughts in buying a tractor. Reading your name here have a thought. Do your study and fact finding and then as for Jesus's guidance. You will find peace with the right one. That was my process with each tractor I have every bought and with each one been pleased. Perfect nope but pleased very well.