Kioti vs Branson ?

/ Kioti vs Branson ? #1  

BigAl

Platinum Member
California , Idaho and a little island in Panama
Tractor
Kioti DK45TLB
A good friend is looking at a Branson 4020 and a 4520 .The price of a new Branson is much lower than my new Kioti 45 TLB .About $4000 less ,he has told me . I am completely satisfied with my Kioti and told him so . He has driven my Dk45 Kioti TLB and was also quite impressed . I want to be fair as I can ,so I need your opinion to past on to him . I do not know anything about Branson tractors as far as their quality ,reliability, and price compared to a Kioti . He has 15 acres of timber/brush mostly flat to rolling that he will be using it for ,along with snow removal, pasture maintenance and road grading . Can someone give me a honest comparison of Kioti vs Branson ? I assume an equivilant would be a DK 40 or Dk 45 in a Kioti brand ? Is this more tractor than he needs? He is open to all suggestions . He told me he wants to buy one tractor that will work well and outlive him . He is 60
Thanks for the help ,
Big Al

/ Kioti vs Branson ? #2  
I had a discussion recently with a dealer about Century(very close cousin of Branson) and Kioti. The Models discussed were the Kioti DK45 and the Century 3045. He told me this....

"The Century doesn't have alot of the options that Kioti does. Kioti on the 3 pt has square tube adjusters, extendable links, much heavier arms. Kioti has the electric on and off PTO with a single stage clutch, Centurys is dual. Basically the Kioti just has more bells and whistles on them. The fit and finish of the Kioti is also much nicer. If you put the 2 tractors side by side you can see a big difference. I think they are both great tractors though. Centurys are just a little more basic. I also like the radiators in the Kioti much better, they are all metal, the ones in the centurys have plastic tops and bottoms."

Don

/ Kioti vs Branson ? #4  
I have a century 3045 and I feel that the fit and finish is excelent. The 3pt arms are not telescoping and I wish they were But they are heavy. I use my tractor for plowing,grading, logging, dicsing and heavy loading and the arms will hold up to anything that I can throw at it. I didn't compare to the kioti as there wasn't any close but I did compare to jd, kabota,long,arco,newholland,case,massy,and it beat them all as far as i was conserned. And they were 4-7000 less. but when all is said and done tell your friend to drive both and get a feel for the dealer and make his mind up on that. I'm sure they are both great tractors and will outlast him.
leaddog

/ Kioti vs Branson ? #5  
I don't think we know the long term quality on these machines...as most of the posters on these forums have maybe 2-300 hrs on these machines at most. What will they say after 2-3000 hours? As for Branson, I have the 4020 and I think it is a lot of value for the money. I have 16 acres, and I think it is the perfect size for the things I do. It is a well built, heavy and stable tractor. I can load up the front loader with gravel, go down a steep drive and turn, and still feel very comfortable. I live in hills, and this is important to me. I like the kioti as well. But I am with Leaddog....I was seeing several thousand more dollars for comparable tractor in the kioti...and in the end, the few bells and whistles didn't add up to the price differential. Also, the dealer makes all the difference to me. I have one that is a real tractor mechanic....not a used car salesman. For your friend, it's really a win - win decision as both are good tractors.

pete

/ Kioti vs Branson ? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( But I am with Leaddog....I was seeing several thousand more dollars for comparable tractor in the kioti )</font> Please note that leaddog was comparing to JD, not Kioti, as there was no Kioti dealer near him. The Bransons are comparably priced in this area. John

/ Kioti vs Branson ? #8  
Someone closer to me needs to buy a Branson so I can try it out. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I haven't had the chance to drive one yet !!

/ Kioti vs Branson ? #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( $4000 would nearly pay for a backhoe....or several other assorted implements. )</font> If, indeed, the Branson is priced that much below the Kioti, I agree, one could get a lot of implement for the money. However, I'd have to see that price difference for myself as I never found that to be the case here in North Florida. I won't go into my earlier post about what my Branson dealer friend said about them when I looked at his dealership. I say go for it if you can save that kind of money. John

/ Kioti vs Branson ? #10  
The 4 grand less on a branson MAY mean that the Branson was put on the lot before the prices went up. Maby the Branson dealer is more hungry. Who knows...
I carry both the branson and the Kioti on my lot, here is the differance the way I see it.
The Branson is wider and lower to the ground
The Kioti has more groung clearance
The branson is much eaiser to fuell from a 5 gallon can. The fuel tank is below the operator deck.
The naked 4020 branson weighs 3795 lbs, the 4520 - 3883 lbs
The naked DK 40 weighs 3836 lbs, the DK 45 - 3792 lbs.
The Kioti will finance for 0% for 3 years, up to 4.99 for 6 years.
The Branson will finance 0% for 2 years and up to 5.99 % for 6 years.
(the differance in the financing charges also have an effect on the price of the machine. Wheather or not its financed. everyone pays for the lower intrest rate !)
The kioti has more bells and whistels... remotes, fancy lift arms, electric switched PTO.
Both machines are good machines... I am proud to sell them both.
hope this helped...
Virgil